Ismailia Favorite Tips by call_me_rhia
Ismailia Favorites: 1 reviews and 1 photos
houses of the past
Favorite thing: Ismailia is the capital of the Suez Canal area, and it's also called City of Gardens and Flowers... you can easily guess the reason. It's half-way between Cairo and Port Said, it's in the Sinai region, and it's located on the shore of Al-Temsah Lake. A temsah, by the way, is a crocodile - so maybe you might not want to swim in this lake.
Fondest memory: Ismailia
Ismailia, or at least part of it, is a beautiful colonial city, with old houses and wide avenues lined with trees. It was founded by
Khedive Ismail (hence the name) together with the construction of the canal - as a dormitory town. Today it's a city of 300000 people, and a popular tourist resort for rich people from Cairo. At the weekend, it's buzzing with life.
More Reviews (8)
call_me_rhia's Related Pages
Ismailia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On the Suez canal"
- "My home town"
- "The village on the Suez Channel"
- "Crossing the Suez"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ismailia
- Hotels in Ismailia
- Transportation in Ismailia
- Restaurants in Ismailia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ismailia
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (135)
Have you been to Ismailia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ismailia
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 45 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 43 reviews, 95 photos, 9 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 33 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ladakh Range Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 39 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 39 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hue Intro, 26 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 47 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manama Intro, 33 reviews, 79 photos
- Doha Intro, 26 reviews, 85 photos, 3 travelogues