Mérida Favorite Tips by call_me_rhia Top 5 Page for this destination
Mérida Favorites: 4 reviews and 4 photos
merida in the morning
Favorite thing: Mirida is a colonial city founded in the 16th century and it's the the capital of the Andes. it's located at about 1600 metres above sea level and has a population of about 350,000 people. The city itself is pretty but not spectaculr, but its surrounding area (and mountains) are top class. It's also a well-known university town.
Fondest memory: Being a university town (the second largest university town in Venezuela) makes Merida a very youthful and lively place to be. So much life has a positive consequence: unlike many other places in Venezuela, people are out and about at night - so that you can go out quite safely for once
More Reviews (16)
- See All San Rafael de Mucuchíes
- clouds... fog...
- stop coughing...
- A scenic flight
call_me_rhia's Related Pages
Mérida Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Santiago de Los Caballeros de Mérida"
- "Merida: Contrast of Relaxation and Extreme Sports"
- "Merida -2002"
- "Venezuela's University Town in the Andes"
- "merida and environs"
- "El Techo de Venezuela"
- "La ciudad de los caballeros"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mérida
- Hotels in Mérida
- Transportation in Mérida
- Nightlife in Mérida
- Restaurants in Mérida
- Shopping in Mérida
- Warnings and Dangers in Mérida
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bang O Hotels
- Cousins Island Hotels
- Saint-Denis Hotels
- Muhafazat al Bahr al Ahmar
- Bacharach Hotels
Badges & Stats in Mérida
- 17 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Mérida?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mérida
Photos in MéridaSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 45 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 43 reviews, 95 photos, 9 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 33 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ladakh Range Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 39 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 39 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hue Intro, 26 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 47 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manama Intro, 33 reviews, 79 photos
- Doha Intro, 26 reviews, 85 photos, 3 travelogues