Male Island Favorite Tips by call_me_rhia Top 5 Page for this destination
Male Island Favorites: 3 reviews and 6 photos
Favorite thing: Male - the capital. A tiny island, about 2 km long and 1 km large - and 65000 people inhabiting it. Of course this causes traffic jams... which is not exactly your idea of a maldivian island. male is the "other" Maldives: tall white concrete buildings, hundreds of little streets, one beach - artificial by the way. Definitely not pretty, but truly intriguing.
Fondest memory: It's really clean and tidy - and has some interesting mosques, modern and old - and very little else in terms of things to see. Male is bursting, and new islands are being taken over or built to make room for the new Males.
More Reviews (8)
call_me_rhia's Related Pages
Male Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paradise with expiry-date"
- "Capital Island of the Maldives"
- "an island for a capital"
- "Welcome to the Maldives"
- "Male - Capital of paradise"
- "Snapshots of Maldives"
- "A 3 weeks homestay in The Maldive"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Male Island
- Hotels in Male Island
- Transportation in Male Island
- Nightlife in Male Island
- Restaurants in Male Island
- Shopping in Male Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Male Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sabanilla Hotels
- Guignes-Rabutin Hotels
- Wiggensbach Hotels
- Krommeniedijk Hotels
Badges & Stats in Male Island
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Male Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Male Island
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 45 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 43 reviews, 95 photos, 9 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 33 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ladakh Range Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 39 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 39 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hue Intro, 26 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 47 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manama Intro, 33 reviews, 79 photos
- Doha Intro, 26 reviews, 85 photos, 3 travelogues