"...my new travel buddy..." call_me_rhia's Profile
Most recent trip 2013:
October - Abu Dhabi
next trip 2014:
March - Nepal via Oman
Very vague future plans include:
Seychells, Ethiopia and Iraqi Kurdistan
- TIME magazine, 16 December 2002
Few modern social developments are more significant and less appreciated than the rise of backpacker travel. Backpackers are not only more likely to respect local cultures than those tourists served by the mass market, but they are also, in their own way, valuable to host economies. Backpackers may spend less on vacation than what their parents, but most of what they do spend stays local
70% of backpackers' vacation expenditures go to locally owned businesses, compared with only about 30% of the cash spent my "mass tourism", who often stay in big hotels owned by foreign firms
United Arab Emirates
Turks and Caicos
United States of America
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia
Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco-Montecarlo, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 4,237 Reviews
- 9,211 Photos
- 82 Countries
- 270 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
- Wrote a Review authentic japanese food in Kathmandu Restaurants
- Posted in Travel Miami Forum "Re: Layover in Miami"
updated their Profile Page "...my new travel buddy..."
- Commented on one of xaver's Amman tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "amazing hotel for families"
- created a Abu Dhabi Travel Page "mum.., when do we go back to 'Bu Dhabi?"
- call_me_rhia and ukirsari are now friends.
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 45 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 43 reviews, 95 photos, 9 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 33 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ladakh Range Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 39 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 39 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hue Intro, 26 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 47 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manama Intro, 33 reviews, 79 photos
- Doha Intro, 26 reviews, 85 photos, 3 travelogues