"Honeymoon in paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination French Polynesia by Helga67
French Polynesia Travel Guide: 1,446 reviews and 3,241 photos
Why is French Polynesia so magic? What sets these South Sea Islands apart from all other tropical islands? What is this magnetic charm that for centuries has lured poets and writers, incited sailors to mutiny, and inspired some of the world's most beautiful paintings?
In one word, romance. Without doubt, French Polynesia is the most romantic place on earth. It was made for lovers. Close your eyes and imagine a secluded oceanfront Garden of Eden for you and your Adam -- or Eve -- and you've probably just conjured up a glimpse of these beautiful islands.
Intoxicating scents. Palm-shaded sugar white beaches. Secluded coves. Islands more sensuous than the works of Gauguin, more adventurous than the tales of Robert Louis Stevenson, more romantic than James Michener's Bali Hai.
The islands of French Polynesia are the idyllic setting for a honeymoon in paradise.
And that is what we experienced back in 1994 on our honeymoon. The first thing we said after leaving the islands: "We will definitely come back!" 10 years later we have, to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary.
French Polynesia is located in the South Sea between Australia and South America. It is divided into five archipelagos: Society, Tuamotu, Gambier, Marquesas and Austral, and consists of some 118 scattered islands.
The Society Islands (Tahiti, Moorea, Huahine, Raiatea, Tahaa, Bora Bora and Maupiti) are the most famous islands and the ones I've visited.
- Pros:Amazing lagoons, friendly people, good inter-island connections
- Cons:Expensive, a long flight from Europe
- In a nutshell:Our Most Exotic Experience
Monoi is a wonderful product made from coconut oil and different flowers and herbs. The most popular fragrance is that... more travel advice
The clear tropical waters of French Polynesia are ideal for year-round diving. You can choose between diving in the... more travel advice
- See All Tahiti Beach Press
- See All Architecture
- See All Nono
- See All Air Moorea
Helga67's Related Pages
French Polynesia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "French Polynesia in the Pacific"
- "Honeymoon in paradise"
- "Our Honeymoon Destination"
- "b1bob lives it up in Tahiti"
- "French Polynesia"
- "A Honeymoon in Paradise..."
- "photos from french polynesia,cooks ,marqueses"
- See All...
- Things to Do in French Polynesia
- Hotels in French Polynesia
- Transportation in French Polynesia
- Nightlife in French Polynesia
- Restaurants in French Polynesia
- Shopping in French Polynesia
- Warnings and Dangers in French Polynesia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in French Polynesia
- 276 Reviews
- 415 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to French Polynesia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in French Polynesia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antwerp Intro, 111 reviews, 186 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 64 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos, 4 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 28 reviews, 142 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hasselt Intro, 73 reviews, 89 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kos Island Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 56 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuba Intro, 38 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moorea Intro, 52 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination French Polynesia Intro, 57 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues