"Honeymoon in paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination French Polynesia by Helga67

French Polynesia Travel Guide: 1,446 reviews and 3,241 photos

Why is French Polynesia so magic? What sets these South Sea Islands apart from all other tropical islands? What is this magnetic charm that for centuries has lured poets and writers, incited sailors to mutiny, and inspired some of the world's most beautiful paintings?

In one word, romance. Without doubt, French Polynesia is the most romantic place on earth. It was made for lovers. Close your eyes and imagine a secluded oceanfront Garden of Eden for you and your Adam -- or Eve -- and you've probably just conjured up a glimpse of these beautiful islands.

Intoxicating scents. Palm-shaded sugar white beaches. Secluded coves. Islands more sensuous than the works of Gauguin, more adventurous than the tales of Robert Louis Stevenson, more romantic than James Michener's Bali Hai.

The islands of French Polynesia are the idyllic setting for a honeymoon in paradise.

And that is what we experienced back in 1994 on our honeymoon. The first thing we said after leaving the islands: "We will definitely come back!" 10 years later we have, to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary.

French Polynesia is located in the South Sea between Australia and South America. It is divided into five archipelagos: Society, Tuamotu, Gambier, Marquesas and Austral, and consists of some 118 scattered islands.

The Society Islands (Tahiti, Moorea, Huahine, Raiatea, Tahaa, Bora Bora and Maupiti) are the most famous islands and the ones I've visited.

• Pros:Amazing lagoons, friendly people, good inter-island connections
  • Cons:Expensive, a long flight from Europe
  • In a nutshell:Our Most Exotic Experience
  • Last visit to French Polynesia: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 18, 2011

• Mara_2's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2007 at 3:34 AM

I've been dreaming bout Polynesia for years, but never made it until today - but I hope to visit someday! While waiting for a dream to come true, thank you very much for sharing your experience!

• Oct 29, 2006 at 8:54 AM

Your pictures about French Polinesia are really outstanding... Thanks for sharing with us!!!! Hugs from Italy, Francesca

• kid-keith's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2006 at 7:09 AM

Outstanding page and tips on French Polynesia, pleasure to read and yes i agree on those Sand Fly`s what little rascal`s they can be.

• zumodemango's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2006 at 3:39 AM

Fantastic place for a honeymoon or whatever!!

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2005 at 1:26 AM

Back home, but missing some Frenchman, haha!

• inbavaria's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2005 at 11:13 AM

Your travelogue and tips were a great help to me in planning my Polynesian vacation next year. Many thanks. Great photos!

• neilward's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2005 at 11:07 AM

Fantastic photos of a truly beautiful place,its got to be the closest thing to paradise...

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2005 at 9:54 AM

Nice pics!

• Gwynneth's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2005 at 12:03 AM

Love the flower lesson!! Now I'm off to find a flower for my right ear! Greetings from Australia and me!

• La_Holandesa's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2005 at 5:48 AM

WOW Helga!! Great place to spent a honeymoon in Paradise. We hope we definitely go there! Great page , manyyy greetz Anita

Helga67

“While there is life there is travel”

Badges & Stats in French Polynesia

Have you been to French Polynesia?

Latest Activity in French Polynesia