"The Island of Rum, Cigars, Old Cars and Music" Top 5 Page for this destination Cuba by Helga67

Cuba Travel Guide: 5,233 reviews and 12,922 photos

C U B A is an isolated island in the Caribbean Sea close to the Florida Keys, Jamaica and Yucatan (Mexico). It's not only famous for its rum, cigars, old cars and salsa but also for Fidel Castro, Che Guevara, beautiful nature, white beaches, and colonial cities.

A collection of my best Cuba photos ---> here

• Last visit to Cuba: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated Oct 27, 2007

• KristaB's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Thank you, Helga, I've saved many of your useful tips into my Trip Planner!

• DennyP's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2008 at 4:12 AM

A great Page Helga..what wonderful photos of Cuba and a great slide show...Thank you so much for the information..Isn't VT great...

• Marie-France's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Very nice page Helga! I'm thinking of going on my first trip to Cuba in late March. Thanks for all the info.

• myriam_c's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2007 at 1:25 PM

Dear Helga, Don't let the comments of ghost members, who apparently have nothing to contribute on VT, intimidate you. Critisism is so very easy. Ignore those comments and continue to make pages as you have always done. Keep up the good work! :-)

• cubaduda's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2007 at 10:29 AM

There IS a modern public bus service in Cuba.Although considered expensive for Cubans,ASTRO tickets for Cubans cost MUCH less than for tourists. A few seats are available for tourists. There is also the Viazul service which is used primarily by tourists.

• jeanedgard's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2007 at 9:22 AM

Why are you just a tourist? If you know about real cuban life why don't you talk and explain to others? Cuba is a jail for cubans, specially the youngs. We can not be just a tourist to-day. Sorry for my English, I am better in Spanish or French.

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2007 at 8:57 AM

to jeanedgard: I AM a tourist, so I can only describe the country just as I experienced it. However, I know very well what the real situation is, you don't need to accuse me of ignorance!

• TOFFY's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2007 at 4:50 PM

We have travelled a lot in Cuba with a rented car and learned most of what we know about Cuba from the passengers we picked up. Often they are doctors, nurses or teachers, and are happy to give a tour if they have the time. Good and very accurate info.

• florry's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2007 at 11:21 PM

Thanks for sharing Helga..i cant wait to go again:)

• melosh's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2007 at 5:03 AM

A fine Cuba page that allowed me a moment to do a virtual re-tour of Cuba. Thanks, bob

Helga67

“While there is life there is travel”

Badges & Stats in Cuba