"Costa Rica" Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica by Helga67

Costa Rica Travel Guide: 5,631 reviews and 12,167 photos

C O S T A . R I C A is a small country in Central America, situated between Nicaragua and Panama. As it has no army (since 1949), the money is spent for schooling and health care. This makes the country a political stable and economical prosperous country.

Costa Rica is well-known for its eco-tourisme. It has a very rich biological diversity and an overwhelming nature. Volcanoes, rain and cloud forests, rivers, waterfalls, beaches and two oceans make this country very attractive.

Not only nature but also wildlife and the most friendly people I have ever met will make your trip unforgettable.

PURA VIDA (pure life) is the motto of Costa Rica. I can only show you a glimpse of what it means. Visit the country and find out for yourself!

• Pros:Great nature and wildlife, friendly people
  • Cons:Bad roads
  • In a nutshell:A green paradise
  • Last visit to Costa Rica: May 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 17, 2005

• starship's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Excellent page!! The totally interesting and very comprehensive information will help greatly with our trip to CR in March. This is the best page I've seen on CR so far!!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2011 at 5:47 AM

I've just been reading your Costa Rica tips to prepare for my English conversation course tonight. One of my students has just returned from Costa Rica, so I'm sure she will have a lot to tell us.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2010 at 3:50 AM

Very helpful page - hoping to visit here in November :-) You have some great photos of the birds especially! Did you pre-book accommodation for your driving tour?

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2009 at 3:55 PM

We visited this country via a cruise in spring-You did a great job of presenting the lush scenery

• SharrieShaw's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2008 at 1:50 AM

I'm visiting for the first time end June. Enjoyed going through your itinerary. Anything that I should not ever missed here? Which is the best and unique nat. park in your opinion? And which tour operator is best?

• Oatlad's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2007 at 11:21 PM

I envy you all your travels, and thank you for the wonderful descriptions!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2007 at 10:08 PM

Great tips Helga I am headed here in July!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2006 at 11:31 AM

Wow, Helga, this is a beautiful page !! I already have heared much about Costa Rica, but you paint a picture - I would like to go immediately ! Horses !! And I love these little birds and the strawberry frog, haha, would like to have one at home :-)

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2006 at 10:35 PM

thank you Helga for the good photos of the birds and for the real advice. "tico type of road flare" was good. I drive a tico in the winter when it is to wet to ride the scooter

• Sep 5, 2006 at 7:20 AM

Thanks for some of the wonderful ideas on here. Hope to use some on my trip.

Helga67

“While there is life there is travel”

Badges & Stats in Costa Rica

Have you been to Costa Rica?

Latest Activity in Costa Rica