Tibet Transportation Tips by Helga67 Top 5 Page for this destination
Tibet Transportation: 41 reviews and 48 photos
Our jeep with driver
Jeep tours are a popular way of getting around Tibet or to the Nepal border. In Lhasa, there are many travel agencies that can organise your jeep tour. You just need to tell them what you want to visit and they will sort out all necessary paperwork and provide you with a 4WD, driver and guide.
However, be very precise with your itinerary. Tell the travel agency about every monastery and lake you wish to visit and have them writing it down on the itinerary in order to avoid problems afterwards.
After reading a lot of good reviews on the internet about the FIT at Banok Shol Hotel, we went with this travel agency for individual travellers. It is located on the innercourt (left side) of the Banok Shol Hotel in Lhasa. We only made one mistake and this was to have them book and pay our hotels as well. I wanted good hotels with private bathroom and was afraid that if they were not booked in advance, there might be no room. I found out afterwards, that the agency did not have booked the hotels in advance. Our guide looked for a free room when we arrived at the place. I'm sure I paid too much. So better don't pay in advance, find your own hotel when you arrive at your location.
Type: Car/Motor Home
Airport shuttle bus
The airport shuttle bus can be found right outside the airport's arrival terminal. A one-way ticket costs 25 Yuan (to be paid on the bus) and the ride will take about 1 to 1.5 hours to Lhasa.
The bus station in Lhasa is one block from the Potala Palace. From there you will need to take a taxi to your accomodation. Be aware, although the taxi will only cost 10 Yuan, taxi drivers at the bus station will try to ask more. Don't pay more than 10 Yuan.
More Reviews (39)
Helga67's Related Pages
Tibet Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Roof of the World - Under Construction"
- "Returning to Tibet!"
- "TIBET: unique people in unique land... and Beijing"
- "Roof of the World"
- "Tibet, the Buddhists on top of the world"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tibet
- Hotels in Tibet
- Transportation in Tibet
- Nightlife in Tibet
- Restaurants in Tibet
- Shopping in Tibet
- Warnings and Dangers in Tibet
- See All...
Explore the World
- Quezon City Hotels
- Subic Hotels
- Boracay Island Hotels
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- Laoag City Hotels
- Cagayan de Oro City Hotels
- Paris Hotels
- Bacolod City
- Baclaran Hotels
- Sheepshead Bay Hotels
- Laoag City
- State of Jammu and Kashmir Hotels
- Beijing Hotels
- La Spezia
- Ottawa Hotels
- Puerto Rico
- Bradford Hotels
Badges & Stats in Tibet
- 42 Reviews
- 138 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Tibet?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tibet
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antwerp Intro, 111 reviews, 186 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 64 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos, 4 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 28 reviews, 142 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hasselt Intro, 73 reviews, 89 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kos Island Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 56 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuba Intro, 38 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moorea Intro, 52 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination French Polynesia Intro, 57 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues