"Roof of the World" Tibet by Helga67
Tibet Travel Guide: 1,400 reviews and 4,146 photos
T I B E T, also called Tibet Autonomous Region or TAR, lies in the southwestern part of China and takes up about one eighth of China. It is the highest region in the world.
Tibet is gifted with ancient ruins and monasteries, snowy mountains, deep blue lakes and rivers, broad landscapes, and many yaks and sheeps.
Tibet is also prostrating pilgrims, spinning prayer wheels, yak butter tea, and colourful prayer flags.
To say it in a few words: Experience of a Lifetime !!
A collection of my best Tibet photos ---> here
- Pros:Simple and kind local people, spirituality
- Cons:Altitude sickness, crazy car drivers
- In a nutshell:A Mysterious, Mythical Region
Be aware that you need to pay when you want to take photos or film inside the monasteries. Most of the time it will be... more travel advice
In a monastery the Assembly Hall is the spiritual center of the lives of the monks. It is mostly a dark place with banks... more travel advice
Helga67's Related Pages
Tibet Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Roof of the World - Under Construction"
- "Returning to Tibet!"
- "TIBET: unique people in unique land... and Beijing"
- "Roof of the World"
- "Tibet, the Buddhists on top of the world"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tibet
- Hotels in Tibet
- Transportation in Tibet
- Nightlife in Tibet
- Restaurants in Tibet
- Shopping in Tibet
- Warnings and Dangers in Tibet
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tibet
- 42 Reviews
- 138 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Tibet?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tibet
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antwerp Intro, 111 reviews, 186 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 64 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos, 4 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 28 reviews, 142 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hasselt Intro, 73 reviews, 89 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kos Island Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 56 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuba Intro, 38 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moorea Intro, 52 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination French Polynesia Intro, 57 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues