"Hasselt" Top 5 Page for this destination Hasselt by Helga67

Hasselt Travel Guide: 182 reviews and 398 photos

Hasselt, situated in East Belgium, is a paradise for shoppers. It's known around the world for its extensive and exclusive fashions. Shopping streets are plenty and filled with stylish shops. But there is more .....

Historical City Walk

Hasselt has a large number of places of interest, places that are worth visiting. We did a 'Historical City Walk' and saw nice buildings, monuments, city panoramas and historic fa├žades. Do the walk yourself through my 'Must See' section.

Japanese Garden

Visit this beautiful garden just outside of Hasselt via my 'Off The Beaten Path' section.

• Pros:Shopping, Japanese Garden, Jenever museum, free transportation
  • In a nutshell:The Fashion City of Belgium
  • Last visit to Hasselt: May 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 9, 2003

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2010 at 12:07 PM

It looks like a quintessential Belgium town with all the great architecture and class. Good presentation of the town.

• Feb 13, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Looks verz chique and promising from the outside. Service was bad, long waiting. uruguan steaks were shoebottom, salad was just big salade leaves no decent dressing nor creativ plate, the shrimps and chicken were overcooked, the parma discount quality.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2007 at 2:25 AM

First visit to Hasselt, but it looks like a nice place ;-)

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2007 at 4:36 PM

Never heard of the place. Looks like I might have to pencil it in to my itinerary.

• jungles's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2006 at 9:46 AM

Hi Helga, Thanks for visiting my Colombia page :-) Somehow I missed Hasselt when I was in Belgium a few years ago, so maybe I'll have to go back again one day.

• JohannaKaarina's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2006 at 6:14 AM

Thank you for a great and detailed pages! They were really nice to read, as I'm going to Hasselt next month, so it was good to get some tips in advance. Thanks again!

• zizkov's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2006 at 3:15 AM

Like the Japanese garden.

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2005 at 4:52 AM

Very nice page on Hasselt. Good photos and info. Its a long shot, but there is an outside chance I will go there.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2005 at 5:48 PM

Great and detailed page. Wonderful pictures of Kapermolen Park and green space. Dangerous clothes shopping :-) and, a surprice, free city bus transportation (do the drivers are volunteers? :-).

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2005 at 2:42 AM

You page on Hasselt it wonderful -- almost better than the tourist office :-) We enjoyed our tour and will even return!

Helga67

“While there is life there is travel”

Badges & Stats in Hasselt

Have you been to Hasselt?

Latest Activity in Hasselt