"Lier ... a hidden gem" Top 5 Page for this destination Lier by Helga67

Lier Travel Guide: 187 reviews and 531 photos

Lier is a charming little town at the junction of the Greater and Lesser Nete.
It is still unspoiled by mass tourism and a great day out when staying in the neighbouring city of Antwerp.

Explore the Market square with the beautiful old houses, walk along the river Nete in town or on the town wall, visit the peaceful beguinage and the beautiful Zimmer tower with its astronomical clock.

• Last visit to Lier: Mar 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 5, 2004

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Hi Helga. I've been looking for a nice town to stay overnight on our way from Germany to Brugges next year. Think I've found it!! Lovely page!...and thanks for the tips! Cheers, Ann :o)

• Dec 5, 2006 at 5:24 AM

Wonderful page!, thanks for your comment on my Tinos page. Merry Christmas!

• songlines's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2006 at 12:25 AM

Prachtige photos Helga. Thank you, I too love Lier. Regards Agnes

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2004 at 4:02 PM

Hi, thanks for the tips about Lier. Your intro. photo is exceptional. Regards from San Francisco~~Cheryl

• wcph's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2004 at 3:09 AM

Hi, awesome page with lots of great photos. I went to Lier just to see Zimmer tower! (^-^)

• aramat's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2004 at 10:31 AM

Such a lovely town. Lier reminds me of Mechelen, the beguinage, the churches and the architecture.

• steventilly's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2004 at 1:05 AM

A stunning view in the opening picture. I remember it, but hazed in mist. The boat was there then too! I think we didn't spend long enough here (because of the weather) there is certainly more to see than we did see!!

• diageva's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2004 at 6:56 PM

Helga, what a beautiful city and page, thanks!

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2004 at 7:21 PM

What a lovely place Lier looks great and there are Schaapekoppen the nex time we come to Europe we will have to check out Lier and all the nice places you showed us in this great page Helga

• aadil's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2004 at 11:40 AM

Lierse Vlaaikens are the best cakes I had in Belgium!! The Astronomical clock tower is the best working monument I've seen around the world!! Just loved the place & my guide Danielle (irisbe@VT) took a lot of effort to show me around this lovely place!!!

Helga67

“While there is life there is travel”

Badges & Stats in Lier