"Tournai" Top 5 Page for this destination Tournai by Helga67

Tournai Travel Guide: 149 reviews and 354 photos

T O U R N A I is a small city in the province of Hainaut, only 10 km from the French border. It is said this is one of the oldest cities of Belgium and it was a very important center of tapestry weaving in the Middle Ages.

During a motorcycle trip around the West part of Belgium, we had a short stop in Tournai. We only visited the Grand Market.

The city looked lovely and deserves some more time than only an hour. I need to come back.

• Last visit to Tournai: Jul 2005
  • Intro Updated Aug 1, 2005

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2007 at 4:47 AM

I love to look at these little "unknown" places

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2006 at 2:27 PM

Beautiful, like so many other towns and cities in Belgium. I just love flemish architecture.

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2006 at 8:05 PM

Such a stunning opening picture! Am trying to figure out our itinerary in Belgium and I keep adding instead of subtracting!

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2006 at 11:29 AM

love that intro pic Helga..I have been here ..but more years than I care to remember and your pics make me think I should return to enjoy this architecture. An older visit maybe but Steve's birthday is before mine !

• steventilly's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2006 at 3:10 AM

I was here once too, also long ago (but not so long ago as Sandy, she's much much older than me).

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2005 at 4:37 AM

Great pages with pics and tips. I have a Philipa of Hainult who was the wife of King Edward III as my Great(15 times) grandmother, so interesting to read.Tim

• Djinn76's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2005 at 3:45 AM

Glad you enjoyed my home town ;-) Looks like you managed to make it there when there was some sun!! Quite a challenge this "summer"...

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2005 at 9:04 AM

what a nice place with interesting architecture ! Our Lady's cathedral looks really great !

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2005 at 2:17 AM

Now this is what I call a real Beautiful page dear Helga :-X

Helga67

“While there is life there is travel”

Badges & Stats in Tournai

Have you been to Tournai?

Latest Activity in Tournai