"The Pelican State" Top 5 Page for this destination Louisiana by Helga67
Louisiana Travel Guide: 6,233 reviews and 11,955 photos
Louisiana is named for Louis XIV of France, in whose name La Salle took possession of the Mississippi Valley in 1682. Louisiana is sometimes called the "Nations Sugar Bowl" because it grows more sugar cane than any other state. It also ranks first in growing rice, and is among the leading cotton growing state.
Louisiana has a magical old world flair that sweeps you into a memorable realm of jazz, history, culture, customs ...
... and influence of the early French and Spanish settlers.
- Pros:New Orleans, Cajun Country, antebellum and plantation houses, swamp tours
Louis Armstrong International Airport is located in Kenner, 21 miles northwest of downtown New Orleans. To get to the... more travel advice
What I liked about the drinks in the Cabin was that they were served in these jars. The pink lemonade was good. more travel advice
Helga67's Related Pages
Louisiana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Pelican State"
- "Louisiana; history, culture and nature"
- "Keeweechic's Louisiana"
- "Louisiana: Sportsman's Paradise"
- "Basaic Louisiana Page"
- "Ruckus. In large amounts."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Louisiana
- Hotels in Louisiana
- Transportation in Louisiana
- Nightlife in Louisiana
- Restaurants in Louisiana
- Shopping in Louisiana
- Warnings and Dangers in Louisiana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Louisiana
- 103 Reviews
- 116 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Louisiana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Louisiana
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antwerp Intro, 111 reviews, 186 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 64 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos, 4 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 28 reviews, 142 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hasselt Intro, 73 reviews, 89 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kos Island Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 56 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuba Intro, 38 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moorea Intro, 52 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination French Polynesia Intro, 57 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues