"Trier ... Rome Secunda" Trier by Helga67
Trier Travel Guide: 581 reviews and 1,457 photos
T R I E R was once known as Rome Secunda.
As the Romans spread over Europe, they established satellite capitals for ruling their distant colonies. Trier became a very important Roman city in those day. Today you can still witness the many Roman buildings (Porta Nigra, Amphitheater, ..)
Trier is well located, close to the border with Luxembourg and France, where the Ruwer and Saar Rivers meet the Mosel. It's not only an interesting city for its rich Roman architecture but also for its Mosel wine.
If you would like to taste Mosel wines in a Roman wine cellar or if you would like to dine in Roman style, the... more travel advice
Coming from the Porta Nigra and just before you reach the main market there is a lovely small alley on your right hand... more travel advice
Helga67's Related Pages
Trier Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Tribute to Trier"
- "Trier: Where the Romans left their traces"
- "Older than Rome !"
- "worth a visit"
- "The oldest city of Germany!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trier
- Hotels in Trier
- Transportation in Trier
- Nightlife in Trier
- Restaurants in Trier
- Shopping in Trier
- Warnings and Dangers in Trier
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trier
- 11 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Trier?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trier
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antwerp Intro, 111 reviews, 186 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 64 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos, 4 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 28 reviews, 142 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hasselt Intro, 73 reviews, 89 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kos Island Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 56 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuba Intro, 38 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moorea Intro, 52 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination French Polynesia Intro, 57 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues