"Trier ... Rome Secunda" Trier by Helga67

Trier Travel Guide: 581 reviews and 1,457 photos

T R I E R was once known as Rome Secunda.
As the Romans spread over Europe, they established satellite capitals for ruling their distant colonies. Trier became a very important Roman city in those day. Today you can still witness the many Roman buildings (Porta Nigra, Amphitheater, ..)

Trier is well located, close to the border with Luxembourg and France, where the Ruwer and Saar Rivers meet the Mosel. It's not only an interesting city for its rich Roman architecture but also for its Mosel wine.

• Last visit to Trier: Dec 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 21, 2006

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2005 at 3:49 AM

Nice page! I once lived in Trier for six months (a long time ago) and even took a course on how to be a tourist guide there, but then left before I could actually do it. (When I was in high school our big football rival was called New Trier.)

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2005 at 8:45 AM

Mooie streek , vooral voor mototfreaks, je ziet er GEEN Peugeot's !

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2004 at 6:43 AM

As a big fan of all things Roman and also Gothic, there's plenty here to fill my appetite. Well done.

• Leipzig's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2004 at 2:07 AM

Very informative page. Plan to visit Trier later this year.

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2003 at 11:03 AM

A great page of an interesting city!

• zrim's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2003 at 4:37 PM

Trier is fascinating. You do the town justice with your beautiful photos and well thought out tips.

• Sep 21, 2003 at 1:56 AM

I knew from only reading about Trier that I should visit, now having seen photos I'm desperate to go!

• Jun 8, 2003 at 9:21 PM

I spent many days picnicing under the PORTA NIGRA. Trier is a spectacular city &, thanks to your page, we can all see why.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2003 at 10:16 AM

Great page! Trier is one of my favourite cities in Germany. I love the marketsquare of Trier, so picturesque!

• bdbrewer's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2003 at 4:34 PM

I lived in Germany for 3 years. Trier was one of my favorite cities to visit.

Helga67

“While there is life there is travel”

Badges & Stats in Trier