Bora-Bora Favorite Tips by Helga67 Top 5 Page for this destination
Bora-Bora Favorites: 43 reviews and 40 photos
Fondest memory: Contrary to 10 years ago hotels and tourist activities are very developped. But it still amazes me that the beaches are rather deserted.
Fondest memory: One day, I was sitting on the deck of our bungalow and saw these leopard rays swimming by. First a group of four, one hour later a group of three.
It's so wonderful to see them gracefully swim by, what a pity that I wasn't in the water at that very moment.
There are quite some different kinds of rays that have their home in the lagoon of Bora Bora. When you are lucky, you can see the sting ray, manta ray or leopard ray. Of course, there are also excursions to feed the rays.
Sunrise in Bora Bora
Fondest memory: Every morning around 6 am we opened the curtains and watched the sun rise from the terrace or the bed. Soo romantic!
I never get out of bed that early in Belgium, so no sunrises for me at home but in French Polynesia you only have sun from 6 am to 6 pm, so you have to enjoy every minute of it.
Favorite thing: Although its authenticity tends to fade away with time because of the growing number of tourists and hotels, it still remains a mandatory detour because of its most beautiful lagoon in the world.
As you could already see on the intro pic taken from the air, it's really amazing how many colours are found in the lagoon and at some places you have the impression of swimming in a swimming pool.
The different colours are the effect of different depths of the lagoon in combination with the white coral sand.
Passing the lagoon
Fondest memory: When you are on the boat from the airport to the main island, make sure you are standing on the upper deck for your second glimpse of this beautiful island. You will have 20 minutes to take some fabulous first pics of the mountains and emerald silk lagoon.
Fondest memory: I remember my first glimpse of the island from the airplane. The view was just awesome, all those spectacular views of the mountains and the different shades of blue in the lagoon. Even the second time, it was still amazing.
Make sure you sit on the right side of the aircraft to have the best view. This means on the left side when you are coming directly from Tahiti, and the right side when coming from Raiatea.
More Reviews (40)
- See All Where are the deceased?
- See All Black Pearls
- See All Fruit stands
- See All Kayak
- See All Anau
Helga67's Related Pages
Bora-Bora Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bora Bora .... The Jewel of the Pacific"
- "When a Dream becomes Reality: Tour of Bora Bora"
- "You will Love Bora Bora!"
- "Bora Bora - Jewel of the South Pacific"
- "Am I in heaven? or is it Bora Bora?"
- "Bora Bora"
- "A Honeymoon in Bora Bora"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bora-Bora
- Hotels in Bora-Bora
- Transportation in Bora-Bora
- Nightlife in Bora-Bora
- Restaurants in Bora-Bora
- Shopping in Bora-Bora
- Warnings and Dangers in Bora-Bora
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bora-Bora
- 46 Reviews
- 81 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 96 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (87)
Have you been to Bora-Bora?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bora-Bora
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antwerp Intro, 111 reviews, 186 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 64 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos, 4 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 28 reviews, 142 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hasselt Intro, 73 reviews, 89 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kos Island Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 56 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuba Intro, 38 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moorea Intro, 52 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination French Polynesia Intro, 57 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues