"Bora Bora .... The Jewel of the Pacific" Top 5 Page for this destination Bora-Bora by Helga67

Bora-Bora Travel Guide: 292 reviews and 587 photos

Some 260 km (161 miles) to the northwest of Tahiti lies the most incredible and famous island of the Leeward Society islands in French Polynesia.

The usual superlatives are almost inadequate to describe the many beautiful faces of Bora Bora. From the air it is truly the 'Jewel of the Pacific' with its central emerald island surrounded by a necklace of islets all suspended in a lagoon of the most incredible hues of blue.

In 1994, we discovered this magnificent island during our honeymoon. Back then, we knew we would definitely come back one day. 10 years later we did to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Another day to remember!

• Pros:Incredible lagoon and mountain views
  • Cons:Expensive, very touristic compared to the other islands of FP
  • In a nutshell:The Perfect Island for a Romantic Honeymoon
  • Last visit to Bora-Bora: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 5, 2005

• Oct 21, 2009 at 4:46 PM

hi could you please tell me where you got your info on james oconnor hes my G grandfather x 7

• tdmoore2's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Helga, Your page here on Bora Bora as well as on Moorea are incredibly helpful and informative. In planning a surprise trip for my wife, your information (albeit some 5 years old now) will help me immensely. Thank you again.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Ever since I was 20 and named my surfboard "manu rere" (flying bird) a have wanted to see Tahiti and Bora Bora. Your virtual tour has helped me enjoy a place my time has forgotten. Merci.

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2009 at 5:39 AM

great page here. you got a great page on my island :)

• janiebaxter's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2009 at 8:51 AM

Hi, Thanks for your comments on my Madagascar page. I'm sure you will love it. Bora Bora sounds just the kind of place I would like to visit.

• Kakapo2's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2008 at 3:03 AM

Very good local customs tips. The one with the flower(s) behind the ear(s) is hilarious. Could you share your personal experience? LOL Just kidding... Sissi

• Jan 30, 2008 at 10:28 PM

Please let me know about snorkeling at Tahiti - any island - which... Thanks.

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2007 at 8:23 AM

Thx for sharing the hotel tips.

• Muya's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2006 at 10:46 AM

Nice page and useful tips, Helga ! It seems to be the perfect place for a honeymoon :-)

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2006 at 4:17 AM

Wow....Bora Bora. The name itself evokes exotic Pacific esacpage. Did not know that metal rings on coconut tree trunks are ant-rodent :) Great page. Cheers, SL

Helga67

“While there is life there is travel”

Badges & Stats in Bora-Bora

Have you been to Bora-Bora?

Latest Activity in Bora-Bora