"Maupiti ... The Hidden Jewel of French Polynesia" Maupiti by Helga67

Maupiti Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 70 photos

In the westernmost part of the Society Islands lies the island of Maupiti, which typifies all the most beautiful aspects of the South Pacific: a lagoon with crystal-clear water, white sand bordered by palm trees and peaceful motus.

• Pros:No mass tourism, very friendly people, peaceful and authentic
  • Cons:Mosquitoes
  • In a nutshell:My Favourite Island
  • Last visit to Maupiti: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 4, 2005

• Jan 29, 2006 at 9:50 AM

What is the most beautiful place to stay on this island?? Did you see the varios pensions and guest houses? Where would you stay if you went back, and why?? Thank you so much for your help

• mart8777's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2005 at 1:20 PM

Wow, nice.

• dejavu2gb's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2005 at 5:02 AM

White sandy beaches, blue sea and palm trees... looks stunning... I am tempted to pack up and become a beach bum... Great page!

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2005 at 8:55 AM

Beautiful pictures... Sarah and I are headed there on our honeymoon in a couple weeks!

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2004 at 6:08 PM

Wow, what a beautiful and unspoiled place. You're lucky to have experienced it first-hand.

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2004 at 9:02 AM

Beautiful pictures and great tips

• LotusV8's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2004 at 7:10 AM

What a place! It makes me dreaming, nice to see another VT member loving beaches and Islands - Thanks for all info and beautiful pictures. Per

• Maillekeul's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2004 at 10:07 PM

Walking shells are called hermit-crabs ! Splendid pictures of a unique place in the world... Thank you so much for sharing and... happy birthday !

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2004 at 10:23 AM

Fantastic landscapes and colours there! I think, I need it just now! Far away :-(

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2004 at 10:27 AM

This was one of our favorites too. We had our own private motu! Alas, we never made it to the main island! ;-) Just us, the sunset, champagne, and the "walking shells!" Nice write up! I'll get crackin' on my page once I get my head outta the clouds! ;-)))

Helga67

“While there is life there is travel”

Badges & Stats in Maupiti

Have you been to Maupiti?

Latest Activity in Maupiti