"Rainforest in the clouds = Cloud forest" Top 5 Page for this destination Monteverde by Helga67

Monteverde Travel Guide: 181 reviews and 402 photos

M O N T E V E R D E is located in the northern central part of Costa Rica and famous for its cloud forest. This part of Costa Rica is difficult to reach. Roads are very bad and will take you long to get there, but it is worth the effort. There is a good National Park: Reserva Biologica del Bosque Nuboso de Monteverde, a butterfly garden, Sky trek and Sky walk, hummingbird gardens and more.

• Last visit to Monteverde: May 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 8, 2006

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Our short one day was not enough to really enjoy the nature like you did. Your comments and pictures are very good.

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2010 at 1:12 PM

A new comment. After returning from Belize, I now more than before, need to get to Monte Verde. Maybe, for next year.

• Vulindlela's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2007 at 2:29 PM

We are hoping to visit CR later this year. Your information is very helpful!

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2006 at 9:28 AM

I hope to go to Monteverde someday to go birdwatching. I really enjoyed your pictures of the hummingbirds.

• Feb 27, 2006 at 2:40 AM

I had never heard about the cloud forest. It was very interesting to learn it through your pages.

• chewy3326's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2006 at 10:40 AM

Great pics... the cloud forest looks very beautiful... this looks like a place I'd want to visit someday

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2006 at 12:27 PM

an excellent page about the Cloud forests, it makes me start to dream of a vaction there !

• jacquisuiza's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2006 at 6:15 AM

Helga, your pictures are so great, they keep me away from doing my work. Can?t wait to go there.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2006 at 12:20 PM

Helga, your presentation of Monteverde was splendid. A cloud forest is quite fascinating. Spectacular photos to match your informative narrative. I especially loved the travelogues.

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2006 at 1:00 AM

As usual Helga - great pics ! Is yr camera a Honda or Peu.... greeeetz

Helga67

“While there is life there is travel”

Badges & Stats in Monteverde

Have you been to Monteverde?