Luxembourg Off The Beaten Path Tips by morgenhund
Luxembourg Off The Beaten Path: 31 reviews and 62 photos
BCL Logo in marble
The BCL is Luxembourg's Central Bank and formerly was of course responsible for guaranteeing the currency supply in Luxembourg. Now it is part of the ESCB (European System of Central Banks). There is not much to see here, but if you are interested in banking it is worth popping by to look at the building when strolling through the city.
Voie de la Liberté, Luxembourg
There are several "Voie de la Liberté" milestone posts in Luxembourg, some in more prominent locations than others, all commemorating the liberation by the Allies at the end of the Second World War, in 1944. The Voie de la Liberté starts all the way back in France in St. Mère Eglise, and follows the route taken by the Allies in freeing Europe. There are various points on it in Luxembourg (another is in Hamm 4km from Luxembourg City) and there are a number of books about it and a postage stamp (released in France in 1947 to commemorate the inauguration of the Voie de la Liberté).
The entrance to the Luxembourg Stock Exchange
The Luxembourg Stock Exchange has been in existence since 1927, and there are a lot of securiities from a large number of regions traded. It is now part of the Euronext group of exchanges. It is located on the avenue de la Porte-Neuve, with the entrance surrounded by a shopping mall.
More Reviews (14)
morgenhund's Related Pages
Luxembourg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Luxembourg, an amazing fortress city"
- "Luxembourg - Capital of the Grand Duchy"
- "A VERY FUN CITY !"
- "Quietly self-contained......"
- "The jewel among other giants"
- "Luxembourg City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Luxembourg
- Hotels in Luxembourg
- Transportation in Luxembourg
- Nightlife in Luxembourg
- Restaurants in Luxembourg
- Shopping in Luxembourg
- Warnings and Dangers in Luxembourg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Luxembourg
- 17 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Luxembourg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Luxembourg
Photos in LuxembourgSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 100 reviews, 102 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos
- Riga Intro, 17 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luxembourg Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos
- Prague Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Berlin Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 11 reviews, 8 photos
- Vaduz Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (25)
- Historic City Center- 38 Reviews, 65 Photos
- Cathedral Notre Dame- 29 Reviews, 63 Photos
- Walking around- 35 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Grand Ducal Palace- 22 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Monuments- 13 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Bridges- 14 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Museums- 17 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Churches- 10 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Gellen Fra (Golden Lady)- 9 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Knuedler- 7 Reviews, 12 Photos
See All Luxembourg Things to Do