"Of the Stift and Sommerspiele!" Melk by morgenhund
Melk Travel Guide: 217 reviews and 850 photos
Melk is an easy day trip away from Vienna - either by car or train. Trains stop in Melk when running between Vienna and Salzburg and the town is just off the Westautobahn (the motorway that links Vienna and Linz and heads onto Salzburg).
- Pros:A very quiet pleasant town
- Cons:can be packed with tourists in summer
- In a nutshell:Take a trip to the Stift!
Every summer the Melker Sommerspiele have performances of plays - often with a contemporary transposition. This summer,... more travel advice
morgenhund's Related Pages
Melk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Melk"
- "Melk, a small town at the Danube Valley"
- "St Colman and Melk - The Irish Connection"
- "Melk & its Famous Abbey"
- "Wachau - The Famous Town of Melk"
- "Melk, a beautiful place and its baroque monastery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melk
- Hotels in Melk
- Transportation in Melk
- Restaurants in Melk
- Shopping in Melk
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Melk
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Melk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melk
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 100 reviews, 102 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos
- Riga Intro, 17 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luxembourg Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos
- Prague Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Berlin Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 11 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vaduz Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos