"Town of 'Samovars' and 'prainiki'" Tula by russian_yaz
Tula Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 98 photos
Tula, the city where my mom was born and where I lived for a year when I was just one year old. Five years ago my mom returned to her motherland russia together with my little and only brother. I try to visit them as frequently as I can and this last october of 2007 I was with them for 3 weeks.
Tula is not a big city, is older than Moscow and is very well know because of its famous "samovars", "prainikis" and because here used to live León Tolstói, the famous russian writer author of "War and Peace" and other books. I guess many know what a samovar is, if not, is just a special vassel to keep the tea warm. They used to function with coal or wood nowdays they work with electricity. The "priainiki" is a very well known sweet, made with a mix of flour, water and honey. Is has also something to do with religion but dont know the history.
- Pros:Close to Moscow and worth visiting some museums
- Cons:Not to tourist
- In a nutshell:What to say, my family lives here ;)
russian_yaz's Related Pages
Tula Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charming old russian town near Moscow"
- "Town of 'Samovars' and 'prainiki'"
- "Zaoksky: Tula, Russia"
- "Tula samovars"
- "Russian Switzerland"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tula
- 1 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Tula?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tula
Photos in TulaSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 110 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palma de Mallorca Intro, 75 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuba Intro, 47 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balearic Islands Intro, 20 reviews, 75 photos, 6 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 9 reviews, 67 photos, 7 travelogues
- Sóller Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valldemosa Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 4 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Deyá Intro, 7 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues