Andraitx Off The Beaten Path Tips by russian_yaz
Andraitx Off The Beaten Path: 3 reviews and 0 photos
Camp de Mar's charming bay borders on the protected spaces of Cape Andritxol and is the coastal boundary between Andratx and the municipality of Calvià and Cap Es Llamp. In addition to Camp de Mar beach, this coastline boasts a variety of beautiful spots such as Cala de Aritja and Cala Blava.
Ringed by mountains, the bay of Port d'Andratx continues to be a striking natural harbour that conserves all the beauty of places such as the spectacular cliffs of Sa Mola and the protected farmlands of Es Salauet.
Following the coastline, we find the white sandy beaches of Sant Elm, presided over by the islets of Es Pantaleu and Sa Dragonera Island. To the north, the island's largest nature area of special interest, Mallorca North Coast -Tramuntana Mountains includes the coast and over 5000 hectares of municipal land.
Andratx's inland relief is made up of the valleys of Andratx and SArracó, together with the valley of Sant Josep, located in the most arid zone of the Tramuntana Mountains.
Better known as La Trapa, this territory is the nesting and breeding grounds for a large number of birds, some of which are in danger of extinction. In 1993, part of the terrain was acquired through popular subscription to ensure its conservation
Sa Dragonera is a 4-km long island located off Sant Elm beach. The island's highest point, Na Popis, the geological prolongation of the Tramuntana Mountains, measures 360 metres high and an old lighthouse sits at its summit. Acquired by the Mallorca Council in 1987, Sa Dragonera was declared a nature park in 1995.
A natural area of singular importance, Sa Dragonera is the habitat of a wide variety of flora and fauna. The notable presence of Leonor falcons, Cory's shearwaters and European shags caused it to be listed as a specially protected bird sanctuary. Furthermore, the island has its own sub-species of Balearic lizard.
More Reviews (13)
russian_yaz's Related Pages
Andraitx Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Hong Kong Hotels
- Cebu City Hotels
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- Ocean City Hotels
- San Diego Hotels
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Hotels
- Saint Augustine Hotels
- Montecatini Terme
- Riva del Garda
Badges & Stats in Andraitx
- 16 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Andraitx?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Andraitx
Photos in AndraitxSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 110 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palma de Mallorca Intro, 75 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuba Intro, 47 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balearic Islands Intro, 20 reviews, 75 photos, 6 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 9 reviews, 67 photos, 7 travelogues
- Sóller Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valldemosa Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 4 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Deyá Intro, 7 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues