"Closest city to Palma de Mallorca and Ibiza" Top 5 Page for this destination Denia by russian_yaz
Denia Travel Guide: 166 reviews and 190 photos
The municipality of Denia, province of Alicante, has an area of 66 square kilometres and a population of over 30.000. The city, is located at the southeast of the Iberian Peninsula and is very close to the Cap de Sant Antoni, the closest point of the Iberian Peninsula to the Balearic Islands. The communications by land are good via the road N-332 and the highway A-7. Denia is 95 kilometres away from both Valencia and Alicante, both of which have international airports. The city also has daily maritime communication with Palma and Ibiza.
The city of Denia is located in a natural port on the slopes of Montgo (753 metres high) - a hill crowned by a very ancient castle. The port serves as the division between the northern beaches, Les Marines, and the southern ones, Les Rotes. The castle, with Arab remains, is well worth a visit, along with other monuments and museums showing the history of the city, as well its archaeological and ethnic history.
Denia is a tourist city, especially loved by many Germans that adopt it as a residence for the whole year. Despite the countless visitors it receives, it is very peaceful and it has very beautiful, endless beaches It is said that Denia is the Spanish city that has the most official holidays, mainly due to the fact that, for its inhabitants, any excuse is good enough to organise festivities. The 'fallas' are the most traditional and local celebrations, using fire as the main symbol, celebrated throughout the region.
Denia's gastronomy has many similarities with the rest of the Comunitat Valenciana (autonomous region of Valencia). The 'paellas' and many kinds of rice are the main dishes, as well as many fish recipes.
Denia is a small town, known by it´s proximity to Ibiza and Mallorca islands. It has some beatifull beaches where to... more travel advice
Near the port and the train station U'll find the Denia bus station. Is small so be carefull not to miss it. Usually... more travel advice
russian_yaz's Related Pages
Denia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rachels Denia Page"
- "ˇViva Espana!"
- "Closest city to Palma de Mallorca and Ibiza"
- "A nice town"
- "Denia the new home"
- "Denia, Costa Blanca, Spain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Denia
- Hotels in Denia
- Transportation in Denia
- Nightlife in Denia
- Restaurants in Denia
- Shopping in Denia
- Warnings and Dangers in Denia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Denia
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Denia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Denia
Photos in DeniaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 110 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palma de Mallorca Intro, 75 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuba Intro, 47 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balearic Islands Intro, 20 reviews, 75 photos, 6 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 9 reviews, 67 photos, 7 travelogues
- Sóller Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valldemosa Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 4 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Deyá Intro, 7 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues