"Small little town, trapped in the mountains" Deyá by russian_yaz
Deyá Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 54 photos
A rugged landscape of forests and olive orchards is the incredible backdrop of Deià, a well-kept village with steep streets, lined with stone façades, that stretch on the slope of a seaside hill. Although the area was settled since Prehistory, the Arabs were the ones that, in the Middle Ages, named it “Ad daia”, and contributed many intelligent solutions to overcome the terrain's unevenness, such as terrace farming.
The archaeological site of Deià spreads along the side of a small hill that overlooks the Mediterranean.
Deià is surrounded by the unique landscapes of Sierra de Tramuntana, and is located only a few kilometres away from other towns like Valldemossa and Sóller. The scenic road connecting Deià and Valldemosa offers excellent views, between olive orchards and the sea.
Some still live in very old houses. This one was carved right on the stones, no need to use bricks, just stone and some... more travel advice
On my way to Deyá I saw this magnificent spot. I took some time here to enjoy the view and eat something to renew my... more travel advice
russian_yaz's Related Pages
Deyá Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Small little town, trapped in the mountains"
- "Robert Graves’ inspiration"
- "Artistic, poetic and very romantic."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Deyá
- Hotels in Deyá
- Transportation in Deyá
- Restaurants in Deyá
- Warnings and Dangers in Deyá
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Deyá
- 7 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Deyá?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Deyá
Photos in DeyáSee All Photos (49)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 110 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palma de Mallorca Intro, 75 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuba Intro, 47 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balearic Islands Intro, 20 reviews, 75 photos, 6 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 9 reviews, 67 photos, 7 travelogues
- Sóller Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valldemosa Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 4 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Deyá Intro, 7 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (14)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Deyá hotel reviews
- La Residencia
- 199 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013