Esporlas Things to Do Tips by russian_yaz
Esporlas Things to Do: 2 reviews and 2 photos
La Granja, a historical property located in the Esporles municipality, is well known since the roman times because of the important flow of water of its spring. The moors, that dominated the island from the X to the XIII centuries, settled in the area and founded the Alpich farmhouse. Later, when King James I conquered Mallorca, he divided the island in four parts and Count Nunyo Sanç settled in the property.
In 1239, Nunyo Sanç gave La Granja to the Cistercian monks who founded a monastery there. Two hundred years later, the monks sold the property to the Vida family, later the property passed to the Fortuny family, who finally sold it to Cristòfol Seguí Colom, current owner of the estate.
Nowadays La Granja is open to the public and holds an ethnographic museum and many different wild and domestic animals and birds. The visit to La Granja includes the historical mansion with its different halls, dining rooms, bedrooms, etc.; the spectacular gardens with fountains, ponds and giant trees; tasting of Mallorcan specialities and demonstrations of traditional dances and ancient handicrafts.
Directions: Heading to Banyabulfar after passing Esporles from Palma U'll get to a crossroad in the mountains, near the sea, turn left. Also, there are signs so is no t easy to get lost.
Right on your way heading to Banyabulfar, after Pasei del Rei, U´ll find the local Church. As every church on the island, typical gothic architecture.
russian_yaz's Related Pages
Esporlas Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Esporlas
- 2 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Esporlas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Esporlas
Photos in EsporlasSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 110 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palma de Mallorca Intro, 75 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuba Intro, 47 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balearic Islands Intro, 20 reviews, 75 photos, 6 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 9 reviews, 67 photos, 7 travelogues
- Sóller Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valldemosa Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 4 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Deyá Intro, 7 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues