Palma de Mallorca Transportation Tips by russian_yaz Top 5 Page for this destination
Palma de Mallorca Transportation: 59 reviews and 51 photos
Hi, as I a mountain biker I prefer offroad tracks but nevertheless I use the bike to move all around the city. If you have done some extensive road trips then going from Magaluf to son Vida golf is not a problem. You have a couple of ways to do so. One is going through main street close to the sea, skirting the Palma bay up to the center, near the cathedral. From here go inside the city through the bike path (marked on red on the sidewalk) on the Paseo de Mallorca until the carrer del Jesus street, keep going straight pass below a highway, and on the rondabout of the Son Moix soccer staduim take left. Go up, on the second roundabout take right, is the "cami son Rapinya" that will take you righ to the Son Vida golf in 5min.
Other way, longer but I would prefer as is more suitable for clycling. Once you depart from Magaluf you will get into Palmanova neighborhood, look for the signs to go to Calvia village and follow them. The is a small 1km climb, about %4 and long descent to the village. From Calvia look for Puigpunyent village directions, you should be heading to the right part of the village. Follow the road for about 6km, a small 1km climb and you will find a detour to the left "coll de Sa Creu". Is a short 4km climb of about %5-7%. Once on the top you will see the Son Vida golf, just go down until the first roundabout, take left until next roundabout and take left again, this is the cami de son Rapinya.
TIB bus, to Soller
TIB, the local bus agency will take U everyhwhere on the island. This yellow and red buses are comfortable enough for the island. The longest ride is only 75 km so it will take no moew than half an hour to get there. The prices ranges from one euro to 10 euros, depending on where U're heading. As U can see in the pic, U can even put your bicicles on the bus, on the same place of the bagagge. This is only permisible if there is not enough bagagge to fill this place.
The buses departats each day, around two hours each. Check previously the schedules on the web site or just go to the bus station to see the shedules.
You can use bus 103 and 104 to go from/to Cala Fornells in Paguera to Palma.
Ferries in Palma port
There are 3 different companies that travel to the Balearic Islands and of course Palma de Mallorca, the main city. The companies are:
- Transmediterranea: 2 super fast ferrys, 2 ferrys and one cargo ferry.
- Balearia: 2 super fast ferrys, one fast ferry and 2 ferrys.
- Iscomar: Is more dedicated to cargo and cars but also has one fast ferry
- TurboCat: only goes from Barcelona to Alcudia and Menorca
- MedMar: only departs from Sète (France) to Palma de Mallorca, good for frenchs
In all of these ferries U can take your car with U. Bicyles are for free.
Check out the web page I posted in order to gather more info about these companies.
Go to Soller using this old wooden train. It crosses 13 tunnels, one of them 3 km long and also it goes trough beatifull valleys. Enjoy the views and in Soller walk trough the town.
The train departs from Palma each 1 and a half hour. The first one is at 8am. Last one to Palma from Soller departs at 7pm. On holydays, May, June, October it has another depart at 7:35pm.
The cost is 6 euros to Soller, 11 if U buy a two way ticket. My advice, take it from Palma and return in the bus.
Inside the train
The train is comfortable and with good view to the outside. Enjoy viewing the locals and maybe even talking with them
Train station in Palma
In Plaza de España U´ll find the train station, right next to the touristic information office and across the Soller railway station.
This is the only train besides the Soller touristic train. It goes from Palma until Sa Pobla, a small town near the other side of the island. It goes trough Inca, the 2nd town in importance on the Island, after Manacor. In a small village after Inca U can change trains and go to Manacor instead of Sa Pobla. Inca is almost in the geographical center of the island so if U´re on bicycle or just walking, this is a good start and end point for your excursions far from Palma.
If U´re heading to the south, better go to Manacor and from here is more easy to get to the south.
Trains depart each day each 45 minutes, each one our in low season. First train is at 6:30am and the last one from Palma to Inca is at 10pm. It will take 2 euros from Palma until Sa Pobla or Manacor. To Inca is 1.80 euros. If U plan to come back the same day, better buy a 2 way ticket and there will be a small discount.
Phone: 971 752 245
U´ll see it, is a two floor open roof bus all red with signs on english, french, german and spanish. Take the tour to visit all the main touristical places. It´s a quick way to visit all the places if U don´t have enough time.
13 euros if U´re tourist.
Local bus itineraries map
In each bus stop U'll find a schedule of the particular bus that stop there. In places where more than 3 buses stop U will find in the rear of the bus stop a map of all the itineraries. They are each one with a particular color so is easy to follow the map. Also the instructions are in spanish, english, german and french.
Bus in Mallorca
Buses are well organized in Palma. Almost in each bus stop U´ll find a map of the city with all itineraries and their schedules. Price: 1.10 euro. Most of them have a time between one eah other of around 15 minutes. Some of them are quicker, can be 10 minutes, others can be 30. Check the schedules because on wekends and holidays some lines doesn't work and others can change their shedule from 10 minutes to 1 hour.
All the lines stop working after 11pm so if U´re planning to be back home before midnihgt, watch the hour. After 11pm U´ll have the option of the "Night Bus". U'll not miss it, is red, with pictures of people dancing allong the sides. Price: 1 euro
Phone: 971 75 22 45
More Reviews (65)
- See All North Mallorca
- See All Can Pastilla, more than just pubs
- See All More pics of Naburguesa mountains
- See All Local food, very tasty!
russian_yaz's Related Pages
Palma de Mallorca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome-Bienvenido-Dobro pasholavut"
- "Mallorca Island a paradise on earth"
- "An Island for Sunny Days"
- "Palma de Mallorca ~ A Mediterranean Beauty"
- "Mallorca - Hot Water, Great City, Cool Landscapes"
- "Magnificent City of Palma de Mallorca"
- "Palma de Mallorca"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palma de Mallorca
- Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
- Transportation in Palma de Mallorca
- Nightlife in Palma de Mallorca
- Restaurants in Palma de Mallorca
- Shopping in Palma de Mallorca
- Warnings and Dangers in Palma de Mallorca
- See All...
Explore the World
- Poipu Hotels
- Abobo Baoule Hotels
- Blacklion Hotels
- Lincoln State Park Hotels
Badges & Stats in Palma de Mallorca
- 75 Reviews
- 120 Photos
- 57 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Palma de Mallorca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palma de Mallorca
- Posted in Travel Palma de Mallorca Forum "Re: Production"
- Wrote a Review Cycling from Magaluf to Son Vida gofl about Scooters / Bikes in Palma de Mallorca Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sant Joan day, 24 of june"
- updated a Palma de Mallorca Travel Page "Welcome-Bienvenido-Dobro pasholavut"
- Commented on one of Klod5's Palma de Mallorca travel pages
Photos in Palma de MallorcaSee All Photos (120)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 110 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palma de Mallorca Intro, 75 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuba Intro, 47 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balearic Islands Intro, 20 reviews, 75 photos, 6 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 9 reviews, 67 photos, 7 travelogues
- Sóller Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valldemosa Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 4 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Deyá Intro, 7 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (14)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Palma de Mallorca hotel reviews
- Hotel d'Or Punta del Mar
- 669 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Pegasus Playa Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Aug 9, 2011
- Hotel HSM Alejandria Palma de Mallorca
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 24, 2013
- TRH Palmanova Palma de Mallorca
- 364 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Mimosa Hotel
- 810 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Can Pastilla Hotel
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 12, 2013
- Tryp Bosque
- 152 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Hostal Ritzi
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 29, 2013
- Hi! Lancaster Hotel
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 27, 2013
- Panoramic Hotel
- 71 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 29, 2013
- Vista Sol Appartments
- 214 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 14, 2013
- Mac Garonda
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 23, 2013
- Horizonte Hotel Palma de Mallorca
- 133 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Le Seu Cathedral- 31 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Soller- 16 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Castillo de Bellver- 15 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Arab Baths- 6 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Cuevas de Drach- 6 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Cap de Formentor- 6 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Almudaina Palace- 5 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Placa Major - Placa dei Rei- 5 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Parc de la Mar- 5 Reviews, 17 Photos
- La Almudaina- 10 Reviews, 27 Photos
See All Palma de Mallorca Things to Do