"Pollenca, a twon where to spend some days" Top 5 Page for this destination Pollensa by russian_yaz
Pollensa Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 87 photos
Pollenca is located about 60km from Palma, in northeast Mallorca, this municipality borders on Alcúdia, Sa Pobla, Campanet and Escorca, as well as the Mediterranean Sea.
Pollença's landscape combines the elegance of the sea with the mountains. The villages and hamlets of Cala Sant Vicenç, Port de Pollença and various residential estates are located on the coast in the direction of Pollença Bay, while the city itself is located inland.
It is a really ancient town, as Alcudia and Palma, it has roman ruins, and some arab remainigs... just look very carefull and U´ll found them.
To get here U can take the train until Sa Pobla from Palma and then go to Pollenca in bus, taxi, bicycle of just walking, but is there are 12km so if U go walking, better do it early in the morning so the sun will not catch U. Of course, U can go in car or bus also. But taking the train and cicling to Pollenca, is a good option.
As usual on my pages...
Oficines d'informació turística
Port de Pollença Carrer de Joan XXIII, 46
Tel. 971 865 467
Pollença Carrer de Sant Domingo, 2
Tel. 971 535 077
Cala Sant Vicenç Plaça de Sant Vicenç
Tel. 971 533 264
Ajuntament Carrer del Calvari, 2, Pollença
Tel. 971 530 108
Policia local Carrer de Munar, 16, Pollença
Tel. 971 530 437
Correus Carrer del Jonquet, 51, Pollença
Tel. 971 531 125
Unitat bàsica de salut de Pollença Carrer del Bisbe Desbach
Tel. 971 532 101
Unitat bàsica de salut del Port de Pollença Carrer de les Monges/de la Verge del Carme
Tel. 971 865 535
Museu Municipal Convent de Sant Domingo, Pollença
Tel. 971 531 166
Museu Martí Vicenç
Carrer del Calvari, 10, Pollença
Tel. 971 532 867
%cYCasa-Museu Dionís Bennàssar %c Carrer de la Roca, 14, Pollença
Tel. 971 530 997
Biblioteca Municipal del Port de Pollença Carrer de Vicenç Buades, Port de Pollença
Tel. 971 866 889
One of Pollença's main attractions has to do with its history: the Fiesta of the Mare de Déu del Àngels. On August 2, the city recreates a spectacular battle which took place in 1550, in which over 1000 participants take part.
- Fiesta of Sant Sebastià: January 19 and 20 in Pollença
- Patron saint's day fiestas of Mare de Déu dels Àngels: August 2 and 3 in Pollença
- Fiesta of the Mare de Déu del Mar: July 16 in Cala Sant Vicenç and Port de Pollença
- Fira de Tardor (Autumn Fair): the second weekend of November in Pollença
- Patron saint's day fiestas of Sant Pere: June 29 in Port de Pollença
Right 10 meters before the roman bridge U'll see an olive tree. Some say that it was planted by the romans when the... more travel advice
As usual, take the train on Palma and go to Sa Pobla, then take a bus, taxi or rent a bicycle and there are still more... more travel advice
russian_yaz's Related Pages
Pollensa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pollenca, a twon where to spend some days"
- "Puerto Pollensa"
- "Pollença - Pollensa - Pollentia"
- "Puerto Pollensa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pollensa
- Hotels in Pollensa
- Transportation in Pollensa
- Restaurants in Pollensa
- Shopping in Pollensa
- Warnings and Dangers in Pollensa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pollensa
- 12 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Pollensa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pollensa
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 110 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palma de Mallorca Intro, 75 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuba Intro, 47 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balearic Islands Intro, 20 reviews, 75 photos, 6 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 9 reviews, 67 photos, 7 travelogues
- Sóller Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valldemosa Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 4 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Deyá Intro, 7 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues