"Caught among mountains, a wonderfull town" Sóller by russian_yaz

Sóller Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 146 photos

Love at first sight

Well...there aren´t words to describe how I feel about Soller... I was there yesterday for the first time and it was love at first sight. Surrounded by the Tramontana Sierra and with it´s neaby port with fresh and sea air on the atmosfere, this is a place where I could live forever.

The town lies in a large, fertile, bowl-shaped valley. It shares its valley with the village of Fornalutx and Biniaraix, the combined population is around 12,000, and the valley is famous for its orange groves and terraces of ancient olive trees. The valley and its surrounding mountain the 'Serra de Tramuntana', it´s amanzing, with great views of the valley. If U´re the ones that enjoy walking, mountain biking, nature, ecotourismor simply a peaceful rest, I for sure recomend this place.

Port de Soller....nothing like the sea, the sun and a wondefull day to feel what is that we call "LIFE".

After doing a 3 hours of biking trough the nearby mountains I finally arrived to the port and went straight to the lighthouse. I seat here and had my home made sandwiches with orange uice while enjoyed one of the best views I've ever seen.

Soller train

Well, there are already many pages dedicated to this train, so I think I can't say anything new.

The oldest train in Mallorca, more than 100 years old. It goes trough the Serra Tramuntana, it crosses 13 tunnels, one of them 3 km long. This electrical train it's completly made of wood, as it was in it first days. It was used to transport the cargo from the Soller port to Palma and to carry the oranges, the sweet Soller oranges.

• Pros:...everything...just an amazing place!
  • In a nutshell:Best place to visit in Mallorca, don't miss it !
  • Last visit to Sóller: Apr 2005
  • Intro Written Apr 18, 2005

russian_yaz

“...hate is an unnecessary bagage...life it's too short to feel hate...BE FUN!!”

Badges & Stats in Sóller