"Caught among mountains, a wonderfull town" Sóller by russian_yaz
Sóller Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 143 photos
Well...there aren´t words to describe how I feel about Soller... I was there yesterday for the first time and it was love at first sight. Surrounded by the Tramontana Sierra and with it´s neaby port with fresh and sea air on the atmosfere, this is a place where I could live forever.
The town lies in a large, fertile, bowl-shaped valley. It shares its valley with the village of Fornalutx and Biniaraix, the combined population is around 12,000, and the valley is famous for its orange groves and terraces of ancient olive trees. The valley and its surrounding mountain the 'Serra de Tramuntana', it´s amanzing, with great views of the valley. If U´re the ones that enjoy walking, mountain biking, nature, ecotourismor simply a peaceful rest, I for sure recomend this place.
Port de Soller....nothing like the sea, the sun and a wondefull day to feel what is that we call "LIFE".
After doing a 3 hours of biking trough the nearby mountains I finally arrived to the port and went straight to the lighthouse. I seat here and had my home made sandwiches with orange uice while enjoyed one of the best views I've ever seen.
Well, there are already many pages dedicated to this train, so I think I can't say anything new.
The oldest train in Mallorca, more than 100 years old. It goes trough the Serra Tramuntana, it crosses 13 tunnels, one of them 3 km long. This electrical train it's completly made of wood, as it was in it first days. It was used to transport the cargo from the Soller port to Palma and to carry the oranges, the sweet Soller oranges.
- Pros:...everything...just an amazing place!
- In a nutshell:Best place to visit in Mallorca, don't miss it !
...and U'll find lovely streets, full with flowers and nice majorcan architecture... more travel advice
If U hike alittle bit trough the mountains and the olives field U'll notice some small rock made houses. Some may seem... more travel advice
russian_yaz's Related Pages
Sóller Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Caught among mountains, a wonderfull town"
- "Dreamlike harbour"
- "valle de oro"
- "Travel like in 1927"
- "Puerto de Soller"
- "Glourious scenery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sóller
- Hotels in Sóller
- Transportation in Sóller
- Restaurants in Sóller
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sóller
- 14 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Sóller?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sóller
Photos in SóllerSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 110 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palma de Mallorca Intro, 75 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuba Intro, 47 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balearic Islands Intro, 20 reviews, 75 photos, 6 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 9 reviews, 67 photos, 7 travelogues
- Sóller Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valldemosa Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 4 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Deyá Intro, 7 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (14)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Sóller hotel reviews
- Aimia Hotel
- 238 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 13, 2013
- FINCA CAN COLL ,****
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 6, 2013
- Hostal Nadal
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013
- Esplendido Hotel
- 321 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 2, 2013
- Hotel Porto Soller
- 80 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 24, 2013
- Es Port Hotel
- 141 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013