"Discover a wonderfull town inside the mountains" Valldemosa by russian_yaz
Valldemosa Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 114 photos
The village of Valldemossa is located 17 km from Palma, in the middle of the valley of Sierra de Tramuntana, around 400 metres above sea level. Part of the village goes up into the mountain slope, creating steep streets and beautiful natural miradors. All the town is surrounded by lush forests, with olive and almond trees that are irrigated by the abundant springs in the area.
The Carthusian Monastery, the most emblematic monument of this town, is a must see for every visitor. This ancient monastery, used to be the residence of Jaime II. It housed Carthusian priests between 1399 and 1835. Its important historic legacy, as well as mementoes from two remarkable visitors: Frederic Chopin and George Sand, are preserved in cloisters, cells, gardens and museums. These mementoes include scores, pieces of writing, fittings and correspondence related to their stay in the island, in addition to the "Pleyel" piano. In memory of the outstanding polish composer, concerts are celebrated in the cloister and in the gardens of the Carthusian Monastery during the summer.
From Valldemossa, U can enjoy the beautiful scenery of Sierra Tramuntana, or go to the nearby towns of Deià, Sóller, Banyalbufar, or Santa Maria del Camí. Olive, almond and orange trees grow among the ancient, Majorcan stone houses.
The blue and green doors and windows of the houses contrast with the stone of which they are made. Take your time and walk trogh the town. It will take U no more than 2 or 3 hours. Be prepared to climb up and down stairs.
This is a small budget hotel in the center of Valldemosa. It's privileged situation will take U away your breath with... more travel advice
russian_yaz's Related Pages
Valldemosa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Discover a wonderfull town inside the mountains"
- "Valldemosa - traces of Chopin's off beaten path"
- "Valldemosa City Centre"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Valldemosa
- Hotels in Valldemosa
- Transportation in Valldemosa
- Restaurants in Valldemosa
- Shopping in Valldemosa
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Valldemosa
- 12 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Valldemosa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valldemosa
Photos in ValldemosaSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 110 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palma de Mallorca Intro, 75 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuba Intro, 47 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Balearic Islands Intro, 20 reviews, 75 photos, 6 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 9 reviews, 67 photos, 7 travelogues
- Sóller Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valldemosa Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 4 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Deyá Intro, 7 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues