"Born Russia - Grew up Cuba -Now living in Spain" russian_yaz's Profile

Welcome dear friend...

5 June 2013: I'm back in Palma de Mallorca due to my wife relocation on her work duties. I'm happy to be back to this beatiful island with lot of family and friends.

August 2011: Moving to Marbella! New step in our life after 6 wonderfull years in Palma de Mallorca. Hope to discover new friends, places and amazing things to share with the travel community. For now I'm looking for a job and after will begin discovering the trails nearby our place in Sierra de Las Nieves mountain range

march 4/2008...It has been some months since my last visit to VT, I've many unread emails and some comments on my pages. Thanks all for your good wishes...I'll try to answer the questions as soon as I can...and I'll be back to the Havana and Mallorca forums to help travelers out there

In october of 2007 I visited Russia. I was there with my wife visiting both families. She had not seen her family for 14 years and I had not seen mine for almost 4 years. Here are the new pictures, tips and info:Moscow improved page and take a look in the travelogues of the Tula improved page

...is there anybody outhere?... is there anybody outhere?
Pink Floyd "The Wall"

Hello U! Yes U! The one reading this piece of text...welcome! or maybe welcome back if U've been here before

My name is Yaroslav...smells like russian...U got it!

I was born in Moscow, Russia, my mom is russian but my father is cuban. I went to Cuba when I was 2 years old. I lived in cuba 28 years and I like Cuba very much, all it's natural places and lovely people. I consider myself like a cuban usual guy who wants to show his beatifull country to the world...nevertheless I'm blond and 1.93 tall :) not a tipical cuban for sure JaJaJa!

It's have been almost 2 years since I arrived in the Balearic Islands, on Palma de Mallorca, and will be here for some more time, don't know how much. I'm still improving all my cuban pages with lot of info I've have from my 28 years there and new info I receive from my friends in Cuba and of course, I'm developing the Balearic Islands pages specially the Mallorca page... check it out!

Just some words by Pink Floyd:

Hey you, out there in the cold
Getting lonely, getting old
Can you feel me
Hey you, standing in the aisle
With itchy feet and fading smile
Can you feel me
Hey you, don't help them to bury the light
Don't give in without a fight

Hey you, out there on your own
Sitting naked by the phone
Would you touch me
Hey you, with your ear against the wall
Waiting for someone to call out
Would you touch me
Hey you, would you help me to carry the stone
Open your heart, I'm coming home

But it was only fantasy
The wall was too high, as you can see
No matter how he tried he could not break free
And the worms ate into his brain

Hey you, out there on the road
Always doing what you're told
Can you help me
Hey you, out there beyond the wall
Breaking bottles in the hall
Can you help me
Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all
Together we stand, divided we fall

Already married with the most beatifull girl !!

I got married the 29 of december of 2005. The ceremony was beatifull with all my friends here in Mallorca and some family. My mom and little bro couldn´t come from Russia but my dad came from cuba as family representation :)

Here are some pics...

Soon it will be one year since my marriage and we are still as enloved as the first day...I love U sunshine!

Have a different look of Palma de Mallorca island

Palma de Mallorca has winter and yes, here does snow as U can see in the pics. Follow me travel pages and U'll discover lot of places to walk and climb in Mallorca. For example, here is a travelogue from a excursion to the Massanella peak with some snow and also, different views of the Puig Major covered with snow.

In december went mountain biking...or "snow biking"... JaJaJa!! It was a wonderfull and fun excursion on the Archiduque trail near Valldemossa.

Last sunday went as always mountain biking. This time a 54km ride in the Esporlas municipality with lot of fun. It was a very good day for biking, not too hot not too cold. No falls and no broken parts, only one flat tire and nothing more.

Last excursions in Mallorca or anywhere else...

Great mountainbike excursion the first saturday of february 2007. Went to Cabo de Formentor together with 30 more bikers. 40km of riding into beatifull beaches and "calas". Enjoy the pics!

Check out my last jump to the peninsula, went to Valencia to on of my best friends wedding and also took a full day stroll into the city.

This excursion (as all the others) was great, headed to Torrente de Pareis a natural cannon deep inside the Tramuntana Serra. This time it was not the usual and easy stroll through the interior of the cannon, we went on a hard 7 hours walk through the mountains following the cannon from the heights.

50km ride from Campos to Es Trenc beach. It was beatifull, with the sea only few meters to the right and the sand on hte wheel...with was really hard to pedaling on those conditions but we had lot of fun!

Mountain bking on the Atalaya de Alcudia. The day was beatifull, the view from the top at 450m is amazing, worth climbing up there. Is an easy trail for anyone.

Mountain biking in Calvia and made La Trapa excursion, a must in Mallorca. U´ll enjoy a beatifull view of Dragonera island and the seashore with it´s high cliffs and amazing landscapes.

Went trekking to the Arta natural park of Levante. A beatifull lanscape in the northeast of the island. Not too much shadow to walk but at the end U can take a bath in the mediterranean sea.

Went mountain biking from Pollenca to Lluc through the old trail. Beatifull views and adrenalitic downhills.

Went mountain biking starting from Sa Vileta nearby the city to the Naburguesa mountains. Beatifull views of the seashore and the nearby city.

Went mountain biking starting from Alaro, climbed to the Alaro castle and from there went to the other side of the Orient valley to the Salt des Freus in the Bunyola municipality. Amazing landscape, only once a year U can see this amount of water in Mallorca.

Went mountain biking in the Comuna de Bunyola outskirts. Wonderfull descent through the Coa Negra torrent but before a long way up from Bunyola up to Penyal de Honor.

I was in Barcelona recently, I was amazed by the city and it's people. Check out the travel page and enjoy the pics of this amazing city full of different people, architecture and beatifull places to visit.

Went mountain biking on the Esporlas outskirst. Wonderfull trails, a long way up but it worth it because in the top the view of the Tramuntana Serra is great, have a look in the travelogue.

Went mountain biking around Lluc Sanctuary. Great excursion, lot of up and downs, adrenaline and energy...enjoy it...

Went trekking to the Biniaraix Barranc. Wonderfull excursion, considered by many one of the best excursion U can do here in Mallorca.

I looooove mountain biking !!!

"...Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a f...g big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of ***ing fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the *** you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing ***ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ***ed up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life.

I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got mountain bikes?..."

Something about me...

My complet name is Yaroslav Jesusovich Alpizar Zhuravliov... The Yaroslav is tipical in Russia. The Jesusovich is for my father, Jesus. My mother and little brother are living in Tula, a half million citizens city 150km south of Moscow, Russia.

I finished software engineer career in Havana in 2002. More than 6 years in Spain, software analyst and programmer. I program mostly on Delphi, C, C++, Visual C++, java, and SOA related technologies. Last work in Palma de Mallorca was really interesting and a good place to learn new technologies and discover the aeronautical industry insights.

My hobbies:
- Music: If it is good I can hear anything but my favorites are...Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, Dave Matthews Band, U2, Rage Against the Machines, B B King
- Mountain Biking: Just read the previous chapter: "I looooove mountain biking" and U'll see how much I love this amazing sport.
- Reading: I read a lot, I prefer sci-fi, fantasy and history books....Tolkien, Asimov, Edgar Allan Poe, Stanislaw Lem and anything about ancient history.
- Cinema: I really enjoy going to the movies. Each weekend I must go at least once to the movie. My prefered? Spielberg, Ridley Scott, Tarantino, Oliver Stone, Stanley Kubrick and some others
- and of course, travelling.... :)

Favourite places: Havana, Havana and again Havana...the city that saw me growing, city of my childhood and my first experiences, city of columns as Alejo Carpentier used to say and the place of "Lo real maravilloso".

Mountain Biking in Tenerife!!

Tenerife Island. 5 amazing days mountain biking it the slopes of Teide volcano. The Teide volcano is the highest place in Spain with 3718m. Ironically it is on an island in the Atlantic ocean. Tenereife island has amazing landscapes, check out the travel page to fnd it out... only for adrenaline lovers... JAJA!!

Hurricane WIlma in Havana...amanzing images

Wilma hurricane stroke Florida and Havana in 2005 as a 3rd category hurricane and 150km south in Havana there where amanzing images of destruction and floods.

• Intro Updated Jul 16, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
russian_yaz's Profile Photo

russian_yaz

“...hate is an unnecessary bagage...life it's too short to feel hate...BE FUN!!”

Real Name