Brazil Tourist Trap Tips by mangueirense Top 5 Page for this destination
Brazil Tourist Traps: 38 reviews and 27 photos
Favela in Brazil...
One of the biggest tourist traps in Brazil, in my opinion is doing the 'Favela tour'. It's a guided tour inside a favela (shanty town).
I believe that there are not only such kind of tours in Rio de Janeiro, I guess maybe in other places of Brazil it is even so possible to do it...because at least everywhere you will find those favelas.
I believe people can be curious about how people live in a slum, but visiting it like visiting a zoo, sounds a bit strange for me !!!
I have never done this in any place of Brazil nor will I ever do it!!!
The poor and poorer favelas can be very dangerous. Drug dealing is common and popular amongst the poorest of the favelas. The crime rate is very high in these places. The poor sell drugs to the poorer and it is an endless chain. I reccomend only seeing them from far.
Unique Suggestions: If you still are interested in such kind of "Favela Tour" please never go yourself there or trust anybody you knew a few hours before who wants to show you around....
it is like a self-suicide!!!
If you are really interested to see how the poor are living there, then please contact a Tour Operator and go there within a group!
For those of you who understand to read in portuguese you can have a look at the Favela's Webpage:
For the people who are interested in the biggest Favela in Southamerica called "Rocinha" in Rio:
More Reviews (47)
- See All Flight Schedules Online
- See All Accomodations in Brazil-3.
- See All Infectious rhythms -Musica Brasileira
- See All Brazilian habits...;-)
mangueirense's Related Pages
Brazil Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brasil energetico!!!"
- "Mangueirense's Brazil Page"
- ":: Brasil ::"
- "THE MILLION TREASURES OF MY COUNTRY.."
- "The land of beautiful people."
- "Brazil with "s""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brazil
- Hotels in Brazil
- Transportation in Brazil
- Nightlife in Brazil
- Restaurants in Brazil
- Shopping in Brazil
- Warnings and Dangers in Brazil
- See All...
Explore the World
- Waiehu Hotels
- Gunnings Hotels
- Kamakura Hotels
- Ralph Stover State Park Hotels
Badges & Stats in Brazil
- 155 Reviews
- 195 Photos
- 450 Forum posts
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Brazil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brazil
- Posted in Travel Land Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Forum "Infos on Island Poel"
- Wrote a Review Flight Schedules Online in Brazil Transportation
- Commented on one of santanesia's Brazil travel pages
- updated a Brazil Travelogue "PORTUGUESE FOR TRAVELLERS - 1. chapter"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Accomodations in Brazil-3."
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 63 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 48 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natal Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salvador da Bahia Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- São Paulo Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maceió Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bodrum Intro, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ortakent Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Petrópolis Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Neheim-Hüsten Intro, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (110)
Top Brazil hotels
- Rio de Janeiro Hotels
- 3628 Reviews - 6543 Photos
- São Paulo Hotels
- 846 Reviews - 1742 Photos
- Fortaleza Hotels
- 223 Reviews - 562 Photos
- Salvador da Bahia Hotels
- 629 Reviews - 1337 Photos
- Foz do Iguaçu Hotels
- 267 Reviews - 637 Photos
- Natal Hotels
- 182 Reviews - 420 Photos
- Manaus Hotels
- 290 Reviews - 814 Photos
- Porto Alegre Hotels
- 205 Reviews - 471 Photos
- Parati Hotels
- 270 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Recife Hotels
- 140 Reviews - 344 Photos
- Jericoacoara Hotels
- 135 Reviews - 467 Photos
- São Caetano do Sul Hotels
- 2 Hotels
- Sao Paulo Hotels
- 4 Reviews
- Curitiba Hotels
- 187 Reviews - 427 Photos
- Canoa Quebrada Hotels
- 19 Reviews - 91 Photos