"Mangueirense's Prague Page" Prague by mangueirense

Prague Travel Guide: 11,872 reviews and 24,810 photos

..Back from Prague....

I will be in Prague together with my brazilian cousin (living in Germany) from 19.08. - 22.08.2003.
That should be definitely interesting, because both of us never have been there and it must be a beautiful place, so we are both very anxious to go and see with our own eyes.
We got a super bargain on Germanwings for 78 EUROS to go and come, and to fulfill this great thing we got 2 nights for free in Prague, because my cousin works at the same chane of hotels we are staying at. So we just had to book one more night in another hotel.
GREAT!!! I am now only trying to convince my cousin to go to the State Opera and see Verdi's Rigoletto....the building inside must be glamorous and I would like very much to try and see my first opera there!
As I have done a lot of resaerch at the Internet lately about Prague, probably you will see some advices I found there at my Prague page...and after my journey there will fill in my own photos too! So stay tuned ...

I just wanted to let you know that I am back from Prague now, we came back on
Friday-evening, 22. August.

Unfortunately I did not saw a lot of the sights, because I was not feeling very well all the time....have mostly stayed in the hotel room and have been to the doctor in Prague too...and so I couln't really enjoy the city. So my cousin had to go most of the time alone to see something and we both were very surprised how big Prague really is.
But have to say that what I saw was really beautiful, my cousin loved the place anyway.
The Hotel Dorint Don Giovanni was the best choice we could do..we were given a
luxury suite (for free) for 2 nights with own bathroom, living-room and
bed-room....and with VIP-acess to the "Expect More Lounge" with TV, free
Internet acess and so on!Fantastic!
The 3. night we stayed in Hotel Anna, which was a nice hotel too, very well
located ...we found very nice eating possibilities near this hotel and I thought it very cheap to eat out!
Hmm, we did not get to see the opera Rigoletto mainly because my cousin didn't wanted to go and also because I was not very well.

Well, we found out that I had panic attacks while in Prague and so it was really difficult for me....I am still not too much better with that (like you can read at my Welcome page) but I am sure one day I will go back to get to know Prague better!
As soon as I get better I will post some advices and travelouges anyway, so stay tuned!

All the best!

• Pros:beautiful town with lot's of interesting places and cultural things
  • Cons:too many other tourists in July-August
  • In a nutshell:Prague is certainly an interesting place to discover!
  • Last visit to Prague: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 2, 2004

mangueirense

“Happy 2010 for everyone!”

Badges & Stats in Prague