Salvador da Bahia Hotel Tips by mangueirense
Salvador da Bahia Hotels: 4,818 reviews and 84 photos
view from the apartment
Have recently been interested in apartment rentings in Salvador, and got this description from one woman there. Thought it is a nice place to stay and hope it will help other's:
The apartment has two rooms (bed and living) + kitchen (all equip.) + toilet + balcony, its on the second floor, the building has 24h door men and garagem. There is one bed at the bedroom and one sofa-bed at the living room. Size is about 35 m². Apartment has excelent location, near by bus stop (30meters), the beach (150meters) best pizza of Salvador (20meters)and also close by shoppings (closest 50 meters), bars, clubs etc. It has balcony/view to the calm Rua do Meio street. No washing machine, laundry about 50 meters from the building.
Unique Qualities: Rates are like following:
1 week USD 240,00
2 weeks USD 290,00
month USD 480,00
For long term rents you can negotiate better rates.
Rua Odilon Santos 225
Edif Maiana, Rio Vermelho
Photos from the appartment can be sent by E Mail to you! Contact Juha at
tel: (55) (71) 3453541
fax:(55) (71) 3301520 (office Tripbrasil)
cel. phone: (55) (71) 91347266
We are travelling on 23th of June untill 08th of July 2003. If you want to make reservation, kindly contact to Fernanda Pereira, her e-mail is Fernanda@tripbrasil.com or by phone/fax (55)(71) 3301520.
Albergue das Laranjeiras in Salvador
Here are two youth hostels in Pelourinho for budget-travellers:
ALBERGUE DAS LARANJEIRAS
Rua Inácio Acciolli, 13 -Pelourinho
CEP 40025-100 Salvador-BA
Situated in Pelourinho, Salvador's historic district, Albergue das Laranjeiras' location is excellent. Besides its architectural ensemble, nowadays Pelourinho is a great leisure and culture center. With its cafes, bars, theaters, dance halls and art galleries, Pelô is a festival full of Bahian spirit, especially when Olodum band performs. The guests can reach all this on foot, and enjoy it anytime, day or night, with complete peace of mind. The hostel is also an excellent option for beachgoers. Near the hostel, at Praça da Sé, you can take a bus to any beach in Salvador or on the north coast. In the opposite direction, if you take the Plano Inclinado (Inclined Plane tram) or Lacerda Elevator, you can easily travel by boat to the beaches of Itaparica Island and Morro de São Paulo.
At Praça da Sé you can also take the more comfortable "executivo" buses to the airport and to the Bus Station.
The hostel offers dormitory-style rooms with lockers. Albergue das Laranjeiras also offers three private rooms with double beds, and extra beds can be arranged when necessary.
Actual prices (including breakfast) please see at the webpage from the hostel, under "Prices".
Unique Qualities: ***************************************
Albergue do Passo Pousada e Turismo
Rua Ribeiro dos Santos, 03 - (antiga Rua do Passo) - Centro Histórico
CEP: 40.030.050 - Salvador - Bahia - Brasil - Tel.: (71) 326-1951//243-1820
Fax: 0055-71 351-3285 - email@example.com
Passo Youth Hostel is located as well in Pelourinho, the historical part of the city.
The breakfast room has cable TV and record system, kitchen, safe and laundry are availables. They organise transfer -service and rent a car or motocicle. They also offer books exchange.
The hostel is very popular for backpackers and it offers you dormitories and double- rooms or apartments (room with private bathroom).
For prices of Passo Youth Hostel please check following page:
Comparison: less expensive than average
view out of the window on Albergue Barra Vento
This youth hostel is situated on Barra beach, 30 meters from the ocean and 100 meters from Shopping Barra away.
Albergue Barra Vento
Rua: Arthur Neiva 04 - Barra
Salvador - Bahia - Brasil
Tel:. (55-71) - 245-2600 \ 9963-8110 \ 9112-9046 \ 9132-8821
Actual prices can be seen on http://www.viax.com.br/alberguebarra/precosing.htm
Services the hostel offers:
- Collective rooms and for couple with ceiling fan and individual closets with key
- Cyber coffee, where you will be able to use the Internet while take one cervejinha or even though a coffee
- renting of bed-linen
- Convention Room with TV available
- telephone to receive pluggings
- kitchen and laundry
- Reception 24 hours
Unique Qualities: *********************************************
Albergue do Porto -Hostelling International
Rua Barão de Sergy, 197, Barra.
CEP 40140-040 Salvador - Bahia - Brasil,
Tel. (71) 264-6600 / 264-4006, Telefax (71) 264-3131
This Youth hostel is situated near Porto da Barra Beach and Praia do Farol da Barra, next to the Shopping Barra and in front of a supermarket. If you take a bus from the youth hostel you can be in around 10 minutes in Pelourinho, 30 minutes to the bus station (Rodoviaria) and in around 50 minutes at the airport. It offers shared rooms (quartos coletivos) or suites (double-rooms).
Actual prices of the hostel can be seen under:
The daily prices includes : 24 hours access to the Internet with high speed, bed -linen and breakfast.
Comparison: less expensive than average
balcony with hammocks at Nega Maluca
Let me add a place to stay inSalvador which is also near the Pelourinho. The place is called the Nega Maluca Guesthouse, it is located on a beautiful residencial street 3 minutes walk from Pelourinho with all it's music, night life and noise. It is very clean, friendly and helpfull owners who speak perfect English (well, they are not Brazilians) are travellers themselves and have all the information on the area you might need. They also have internet access, laundry service and a great balcony with hammocks to chill out.
The guesthouse has mainly dormitory rooms but also 2 double so it is recomended to reserve in advance.
Unique Qualities: Breakfast Included
- Internet Access
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- Guest Kitchen
- Telephone/Fax Facilities
- 24 hour reception
- Travel Desk/Travel Info
Nega Maluca Guesthouse
Rua dos Marchantes 15,
Prices are around 18 brazilian Reais in a shared room and around 50 brazilian Reais in a double-bed room with private fascilities/person.
Comparison: about average
More Reviews (3)
mangueirense's Related Pages
Salvador da Bahia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Salvador da Bahia"
- "Salvador - Africa in Brazil"
- "All I want is some ACARAJE!"
- "Salvador de Bahia: african roots are here"
- "Salvador Trip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salvador da Bahia
- Hotels in Salvador da Bahia
- Transportation in Salvador da Bahia
- Nightlife in Salvador da Bahia
- Restaurants in Salvador da Bahia
- Shopping in Salvador da Bahia
- Warnings and Dangers in Salvador da Bahia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salvador da Bahia
- 7 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Salvador da Bahia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salvador da Bahia
- Posted in Travel Land Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Forum "Infos on Island Poel"
- Commented on one of Zarasher's Salvador da Bahia travel pages
- Wrote a Review Do not forget to buy.... in Salvador da Bahia Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "Do not forget to buy...."
- updated a Salvador da Bahia Travel Page "Mangueirense's Salvador Page"
Photos in Salvador da BahiaSee All Photos (19)
Read real reviews about Salvador da Bahia Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 63 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 48 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natal Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salvador da Bahia Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- São Paulo Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maceió Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bodrum Intro, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ortakent Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Petrópolis Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Neheim-Hüsten Intro, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (110)
- Pelourinho- 31 Reviews, 48 Photos
- Churches- 23 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Lacerda Elevator- 11 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Beaches- 13 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Capoeira- 11 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Barra- 12 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Praia do Forte - Tamar Project- 5 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Mercado Modelo- 6 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Farol da Barra- 10 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Catedral Basilica- 9 Reviews, 16 Photos
See All Salvador da Bahia Things to Do