New Haven Off The Beaten Path Tips by Judd
New Haven Off The Beaten Path: 15 reviews and 23 photos
If you would like to get a bit of exercise in the great outdoors, you can take a visit to <FONT COLOR=DARKBLUE><B>Sleeping Giant State Park</B><FONT COLOR=BLACK> in nearby Hamden, CT.<BR>
You can take a nice, easy walk up to the top of the mountain on the 1.5 mile (2.25km) Tower Trail. From the summit, you have an excellent view of New Haven.<BR>
The walk along the path to the tower takes about 45 minutes at a leisurely pace. For the more adventurous, the Sleeping Giant contains several other hiking trails of varying difficulty for serious hikers.<BR>
Be sure to wear good hiking shoes. The park closes at sunset. For a treat afterwards, stop by <FONT COLOR=DARKBLUE><B>Wentworth's Ice Cream </B><FONT COLOR=BLACK>at 3697 Whitney Ave. for some excellent homemade ice cream.
<BR><B><FONT COLOR = DARKBLUE>The Shore Line Trolley Museum - </B><FONT COLOR = BLACK>
This is a great place for the young and young at heart. They have restored a bunch of old-time trolley cars and you can even take a ride on them (for a small fee, of course!)
<BR><A HREF='http://www.bera.org'>The Shore Line Trolley Museum</A><BR>
17 River Street<BR>
East Haven, CT 06512<BR>
I'm not sure where to put this, it's a little French bakery called <font color = blue><B>Patiserie Normandie</B></font> located in Hamden. Excellent pies, cakes, pastries, thay have a few tables inside where you can have a cup of hot tea or coffee and a little snack.
<font color = blue><B>Wentworth <I>Old Fashioned</I> Ice Cream</B></font>. Homemade, very good.
The <font color = blue><B>tower</B></font> at the top of East Rock Park is seen from all over New Haven.
The <font color = green><B>Northanpton - New Haven Railroad and Farmington Canal</B></font> . Originally a canal in the 1800s, it was drained and turned into a railroad. The railroad stopped using it and it then lay derelict for several years. Recently it has been cleaned up, repaved and turned into a greenway for bicylists, walkers, in-line skaters and joggers. I think dogs are allowed, too.
More Reviews (23)
Judd's Related Pages
New Haven Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "New Haven & Yale, Connecticut"
- "Most definitely not what you may be expecting...."
- "zChris' New Haven"
- "New Haven Connecticut"
- "Yale, and a lot more"
- "New Haven, Connecticut"
- "All you ever wanted to know about New Haven"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Haven
- Hotels in New Haven
- Transportation in New Haven
- Nightlife in New Haven
- Restaurants in New Haven
- Shopping in New Haven
- Warnings and Dangers in New Haven
- See All...
Explore the World
- San Pawl il-Bahar Hotels
- Chimayo Hotels
- Wateringen Hotels
- Mintaqat Masqat
- Old Tucson Hotels
- Catalunya Off The Beaten Path
- Viana do Castelo Off The Beaten Path
- England Off The Beaten Path
- Gubbio Off The Beaten Path
- Isla de Gran Canaria Off The Beaten Path
- Stock Island
- Dubai Off The Beaten Path
- Hurghada Off The Beaten Path
- Provincia de Cartago Off The Beaten Path
- Hue Off The Beaten Path
- Ixtapa Off The Beaten Path
- Plymouth Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in New Haven
- 29 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to New Haven?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Haven
Photos in New HavenSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Limassol Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- New Haven Intro, 29 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stamford Intro, 18 reviews, 18 photos
- New York City Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Brussels Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Egypt Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 8 reviews, 2 photos
- Plymouth Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Paris Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (8)
Latest New Haven hotel reviews
- Omni New Haven Hotel At Yale
- 378 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven
- 185 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Duncan Hotel
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- Regal Inn
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 6, 2013
- New Haven Hotel
- 230 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Courtyard New Haven At Yale
- 222 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013