Sangkhla Buri Off The Beaten Path Tips by yellowstar
Sangkhla Buri Off The Beaten Path: 1 reviews and 1 photos
One of the three border-crossings from Thailand to Burma is located here.
Sometimes they just shut down the border because of political differences. For tourists it's not obvious.
Anyway, if it's closed it's not funny to cross it anyway. I did, because of a sign "tourists welcome". Suddenly a Burmesian soldier ran out of a house with a gun in his hands and held it towards me - giving me the uncontradictary sign to not move further... He raised his hand and showed clearly that I should better get back on the Thai side quickly... When I returned to Thailand a Thai soldier looked at me and told me in poor English that I should better not cross the border... He could have told me before.
More Reviews (7)
yellowstar's Related Pages
Sangkhla Buri Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A hidden paradise"
- "A remote outpost"
- "Sangkhlaburi - A Rustic But Homely Town"
- "Mon or Karen?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sangkhla Buri
- Hotels in Sangkhla Buri
- Restaurants in Sangkhla Buri
- Warnings and Dangers in Sangkhla Buri
- See All...
Explore the World
- 1.Bezirk / 1st district
- Land Rheinland-Pfalz Off The Beaten Path
- South Africa Off The Beaten Path
- State Parks, Animals and Nature
- Male Island Off The Beaten Path
- Glasshouse mountains
- Theater & Music
- Province of Negros Oriental Off The Beaten Path
- Ilha de São Miguel Off The Beaten Path
- Along the Harbor
- Stornoway Off The Beaten Path
- Saint Augustin
Badges & Stats in Sangkhla Buri
- 8 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Sangkhla Buri?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sangkhla Buri
Photos in Sangkhla BuriSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 20 reviews, 12 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Rome Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sangkhla Buri Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malaysia Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lake Placid Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos
- Ko Tao Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue