"Samye Monastery - greedy monks!!!" Samyai by sugarpuff
Samyai Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 45 photos
The most boring trip to Samye Monastery imaginable! I mean the scenery was of course beautiful but it was a bumpy road from Tsetang / Zetang and took around 2.5 hours. We realised that the driver was more worried about damaging his bus than worried about our safety (which was reassuring!), so it made it unbearable. And there was no air conditioning (so the driver said!)...anyway....it was worth the journey. When we saw the buildings, the colours, I was very excited!But we only had an hour to be in and out according to our time schedule...of course we went over this and ended up having to rush the rest of the day when we got back to Tsetang...but I wont bore you with that story!!! Hee hee!
So we ate at the Snowland Tashi Restaurant first..I was beginning to see a pattern with the names of the restaurants...and we had a giggle at the menu spellings...then at 3pm (the time we were supposed to be leaving!), we decided to head on into the Samye Monastery itself. We were allowed to take photos up to a certain point, and then there was a whopping 30yuan fee per room...I find it so bad that they charge prices like that. I refused to pay...I used other people's photos. In fact...I wish more people would refuse to pay..then we could all enjoy it for what it is!
sugarpuff's Related Pages
Samyai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Historical Samye"
- "Samye Monastery"
- "Samye Monastery - greedy monks!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Samyai
- Hotels in Samyai
- Transportation in Samyai
- Restaurants in Samyai
- Warnings and Dangers in Samyai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Samyai
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Samyai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Samyai
Photos in SamyaiSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 66 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gibraltar Intro, 53 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 39 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Barton Intro, 23 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Tao Intro, 25 reviews, 71 photos
- New York City Intro, 30 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chengdu Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Lijiang Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Ko Samui Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos