"It's time to explore my city!" Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi by sugarpuff

Beijing Shi Travel Guide: 6,865 reviews and 17,652 photos

The Year of the Adventure!

Here I am living in one of the most up and coming cities in the world and I take it for granted! I also find myself believing that to live here is just the same as living anywhere else in the world, nothing special, same day in day out kind of stuff! But that's where I am wrong I have decided! When I first came here to study back in 1998, this city was completely different. We were over in the west of town and didn't really know what was happening in the east of the city, nor did we care! Now I have been living in the east of Beijing for 6 years and there is PLENTY to do here! So I'm going to keep this page as much up to date as I possibly can and if you have any questions about how to get to a place, send me an email!

Food and Drink in Beijing!

Beijing is such a cosmopolitan city that you can pretty much do anything you want, eat any type of food you want, go to all different kinds of bars and nightclubs and of course learn Chinese! When I first arrived in China, the only thing out of that list I could have done would have been learn Chinese! And that's what I did! And because of that, I am still here many years later enjoying all the other things on the list! It's hard to keep updating tips when restaurants and bars are opening and closing all the time, so if you have any questions about places to go to, send me an email and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I am a researcher by nature, I love to find out different ways of doing things and writing about it is a passion of mine. So please, don't feel like you're being a pain by asking me things, I am really happy to help in anyway I can!

Doing something a little different!

If you've done all the regular tourist sites and want to go a bit farther afield, just let me know! I have been on a few out of town day trips and can offer some advice on places to go! I also have a book on fun day tours so can always get the information you need from there and send to you! As an example, you may want to go peach picking or apple picking, but don't know how to get to the farms? Well don't worry, I can help you out! Perhaps you fancy a day out away from the hustle and bustle of downtown and a hike around a reservoir sounds just right...again, I can point you in the right direction!

Wherever you go in the city and whatever you do, I hope you have lots of fun!

• Pros:It's a city where most things are possible!
  • Cons:It's a city which will drive you mad!
  • Last visit to Beijing Shi: May 2009
  • Intro Updated May 21, 2009

• MikeySoft's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Happy Birthday Vicky. Are you back in Beijing now? Working on any movies?

• xymmot's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2010 at 2:26 PM

I don't know how I found this page, but it was great. I hope I could write about my travels with your insights and style. Maybe it was your tag name sugarpuff that got my attention. Good reading! Tommy x

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Great individual page with nice touches of humour. Especially good restaurant tips. Cheers, John.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2010 at 1:20 PM

thanks for the interesting info regarding the crickets. will look at them in totally new way fromnow on. ;-)

• Apr 18, 2009 at 11:55 AM

hey, thanks for the great tips. especially in the tourist traps. well, im planning my next trip there in Beijing, sometime june this year. Next time you visit the Philippines, try visiting Boracay. it's one of the best beach in the world.

• Robmj's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2009 at 1:33 AM

intending to visit, thanks for the tips, Cheers!

• crewrower's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2008 at 11:49 PM

Hi ~ actually we've chatted before. I remember you are or at least were a reporter for CCTV. Thanks for commenting on my intro; just yesterday was wondering if anyone ever read it. Lived in China for 6 years. Getting to SEA isn't tough from my perch here.

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2008 at 12:36 PM

so much more to see, will be back for more insights ;-)))

• lukluk_wal_marjan's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2008 at 12:32 AM

Hi Vic. Congratulations for being selected to work for the Olympic 2008. Nice story of how u end up in Beijing. I'm heading there in less than 3 weeks time. Counting my days for the most needed break ever!

• Mar 30, 2008 at 8:45 AM

What a great page!! Thanks for sharing! Greetings from Singapore.

sugarpuff Used To Live Here!

sugarpuff

“Smell the spices, see the smiles and hear the laughter and whisperings of the locals.”

Badges & Stats in Beijing Shi

Have you been to Beijing Shi?

Latest Activity in Beijing Shi