"It's time to explore my city!" Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi by sugarpuff
Beijing Shi Travel Guide: 7,031 reviews and 18,332 photos
Here I am living in one of the most up and coming cities in the world and I take it for granted! I also find myself believing that to live here is just the same as living anywhere else in the world, nothing special, same day in day out kind of stuff! But that's where I am wrong I have decided! When I first came here to study back in 1998, this city was completely different. We were over in the west of town and didn't really know what was happening in the east of the city, nor did we care! Now I have been living in the east of Beijing for 6 years and there is PLENTY to do here! So I'm going to keep this page as much up to date as I possibly can and if you have any questions about how to get to a place, send me an email!
Beijing is such a cosmopolitan city that you can pretty much do anything you want, eat any type of food you want, go to all different kinds of bars and nightclubs and of course learn Chinese! When I first arrived in China, the only thing out of that list I could have done would have been learn Chinese! And that's what I did! And because of that, I am still here many years later enjoying all the other things on the list! It's hard to keep updating tips when restaurants and bars are opening and closing all the time, so if you have any questions about places to go to, send me an email and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I am a researcher by nature, I love to find out different ways of doing things and writing about it is a passion of mine. So please, don't feel like you're being a pain by asking me things, I am really happy to help in anyway I can!
If you've done all the regular tourist sites and want to go a bit farther afield, just let me know! I have been on a few out of town day trips and can offer some advice on places to go! I also have a book on fun day tours so can always get the information you need from there and send to you! As an example, you may want to go peach picking or apple picking, but don't know how to get to the farms? Well don't worry, I can help you out! Perhaps you fancy a day out away from the hustle and bustle of downtown and a hike around a reservoir sounds just right...again, I can point you in the right direction!
Wherever you go in the city and whatever you do, I hope you have lots of fun!
- Pros:It's a city where most things are possible!
- Cons:It's a city which will drive you mad!
Duck places in Beijing are plentiful! Below are my recommendations: Hua Jia Yi Yuan Great duck and lots of other yummy... more travel advice
Qianmen area has always been of interest to me as it was one of the nearest parts to the Forbidden City (part of which... more travel advice
- See All Be Safe Oatmeal
- See All Mid Autumnal Festival 2006
- See All Beijing at 6am on a beautiful day! 4
- See All Relax and unwind
sugarpuff's Related Pages
Beijing Shi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "It's time to explore my city!"
- "The Middle Kingdom"
- "Beijing - Where Everything is Huge and Grand"
- "Old World New Adventure"
- "Beijing a city of wonders"
- "Touring Beijing & Shanghai"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beijing Shi
- Hotels in Beijing Shi
- Transportation in Beijing Shi
- Nightlife in Beijing Shi
- Restaurants in Beijing Shi
- Shopping in Beijing Shi
- Warnings and Dangers in Beijing Shi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beijing Shi
- 105 Reviews
- 176 Photos
- 241 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Beijing Shi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beijing Shi
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 66 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gibraltar Intro, 53 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 39 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Barton Intro, 23 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Tao Intro, 25 reviews, 71 photos
- New York City Intro, 30 reviews, 53 photos
- Lhasa Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chengdu Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Lijiang Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Ko Samui Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos