"An exhausting but AMAZING capital city" London by sugarpuff

London Travel Guide: 23,504 reviews and 49,611 photos

Ive only ever been to London for holidays, so like most other tourists, I will hit Oxford Street for a day or five of shopping, go down to The Thames for a great view, pop along to The Tower of London for some historical knowledge and well the list is endless! I will try my utmost to relive all these moments with you, and although they wont be in great detail, (there are many people's pages you can go to for that) mine hopefully will be for some brief description that you need fast!

I hope they will be of interest to you and any comments are of course welcomed.

• Last visit to London: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated Jan 31, 2004

• bungi333's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2010 at 4:40 AM

I was in London during the time David Blain was in the glass box!

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2007 at 4:04 AM

Good transportation tip - thx for sharing

• Buckz's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2005 at 1:19 AM

I would much more respect for David Blane if I thought it was an ingenious illusion, and not just another pointless endurance feat. He was a spectacle though..

• DUNK67's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2004 at 3:16 AM

good page, i was watching david blaine the day somebody set off fireworks and fired a paintball gun at him

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2004 at 3:01 AM

Hahaha, love the cab pic Vicky ~.~ Didn't know he'd travelled so far from home ;o) Ann.

• j-san's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2004 at 8:12 PM

it looks like such an expensive place, maybe even more than Japan!! My Japanese friend who's a design student is going there for 6months next week and he still doesn't have a place to stay!

• mickeyjane1's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2004 at 1:53 PM

Good page Vicky, and actually i have only been to London 3 times in my life. So you probably know it better than i do. Looking at your page i think you do.

• biggeorge's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2004 at 5:22 AM

I was there the day someone starting pinging golf balls at David Blaine , might have to try the mexican place as i'm a big fan of sombreros.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2004 at 5:29 PM

I was LOL when I saw your page on David Blaine in a Glass Box! This is small but interesting presentation of London. I ate at that restaurant!! Thanks for the tour.

• Confucius's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2004 at 10:51 PM

"xie xie" for bringing Kaiser's "Raging Expat" game column to my attention. Now I'm giggling too! I like the weapons part with kebab skewers and broken Yanjing bottles.

sugarpuff

“Smell the spices, see the smiles and hear the laughter and whisperings of the locals.”

Badges & Stats in London