"A strange place to live, Spain with a Gib twist!" La Línea de la Concepción by sugarpuff

A place I have lived for donkey's years!

I moved to La Linea from Gibraltar when I was about 9 years old. I was born in Gibraltar but of course for the first few years of my life, the frontier into Spain was closed, so I stayed in a very small community. I can't even imagine what that would be like now...only being able to stay in a place that's 3km by 1.5km! Anyway, the border opened, and we moved over to Spain. Having lived in a few different places, we made La Linea our home. It's so convenient for working in Gibraltar, that you'll find a lot of people living there and commuting to Gibraltar everyday for work or school.

There are quite a lot of things to do in La Linea even if it is quite small itself. There is the town centre market held every weekday and Saturday and during the week on a Wednesday, there is a market which is made up of people from neighbouring towns coming here to set up their stalls. It's the same stalls every week but you still go there in the hope that there will be something different..ha ha! You can get great deals on shoes and clothes...things I see in China being sold for almost half the price in La Linea!!! Think I'm in the wrong country! For a look at the WEDNESDAY MARKET

• Last visit to La Línea de la Concepción: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Sep 3, 2006

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2007 at 8:54 AM

Albondigas en salsa de tomate and Ensalada Rusa sound great thanks.

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2005 at 8:42 AM

Of course I was not in this bar. All what I remember of La Linea is that from there I saw The Rock for the first time and short after it I crossed the runway and was there.

• Confucius's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2005 at 7:00 PM

I saw that little yellow icon flash off as I logged on! This looks like a good place to wish you a happy birthday again! May your day be filled with smiling faces of many different colors!

sugarpuff Was Born Here!

sugarpuff

“Smell the spices, see the smiles and hear the laughter and whisperings of the locals.”

Badges & Stats in La Línea de la Concepción

Have you been to La Línea de la Concepción?

Photos in La Línea de la Concepción