"Altoona ...in the middle of the Allegheny Mountain" Altoona by mtwohig
Altoona Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 66 photos
This is a picture of Erie Central High Track Team Members Barbara, Anoia and Angelic at Horseshoe Curve.
What was it like to live in a town, built around railroading, where 17,000 people worked for the same company? Where your life was set by railroad time? Where sacrifice and hard work were the norm?
This was Altoona, Pennsylvania at the height of industrial America.
The Altoona Railroaders Memorial Museum was founded as a tribute to railroaders everywhere.
We, the Erie Central High School Track and Field Team were in Altoona, at Mansion Park, on April 6th, 2002, for the twenty-seventh annual "IGLOO" INVITATIONAL
(see the travelogue)
World Famous Horseshoe Curve: How to get a railroad train up and over a mountain. Constructed by hand at the foot of the... more travel advice
mtwohig's Related Pages
Altoona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ALTOONA - RAILROAD CENTRAL"
- "MadeleineM's Altoona Christmas Page"
- "Altoona ...in the middle of the Allegheny Mountain"
- "By-passed by the freeway"
- "Blairco's new Altoona Page"
- "Citizen's Advisory Committee on Private Prisons v."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Altoona
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Altoona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Altoona
Photos in AltoonaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Portsmouth Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Erie Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Toronto Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Altoona Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oil City Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Edinboro 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Philadelphia 2 reviews, 1 photo