"Finland - about stereotypes and uniqueness" Top 5 Page for this destination Finland by sinoda
Finland Travel Guide: 8,908 reviews and 21,005 photos
It is summer time in Finland - how can you tell?
Well, first of all Finnish air force is around, all the time (the mosquitos) and people (mostly men) would drink lots of bad beer AND they barbeque...
here is the genuine Finnish hot dog: a sausage wrapped in rye bread.
So simple but truly beautiful and highly symbolic... the finnish flag
The blue colour represents the sky and the waters and the white the snow...
it's that trivial
I have a good mind
take into my head
to start off singing
reeling off a tale of kin
and singing a tale of kind.
1:1-36(Keith Bosley 1989)
In Finland everybody knows something about the Kalevala. Pupils are forced or at least used to be to read some of this magnificent epos. Here you may find something of the finnish SISU, the caring for nature, beer, sauna and freedom...
It is worhtwhile to read bits of it.
The statue depicts Väinämöinen the great singer and shaman playing his instrument in the wall of the Vanha in the city centre of Helsinki.
- In a nutshell:get lost in the vast land and find a new you
If you happen to be driving road 610 from Joutsa to Luhanka you might just as well stop here, at Ulla's kiosk. Here... more travel advice
Finnish Tango is something you may have never heard about. It's well different from the classic and traditional tango,... more travel advice
- See All Vapriikki - museums in Finland
- See All out in the dark and freshness
- See All men stuff
- See All Autumn - picking mushrooms
- See All Rauma - the watertower
sinoda's Related Pages
Finland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Finland - about stereotypes and uniqueness"
- "Tales from the Thousand Lakes"
- "Fin de Lande"
- "IMPORTANT FINLAND FACTS"
- "Welcome to Helsinki!"
- "Finland, it is quite fine land, may I say"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Finland
- Hotels in Finland
- Transportation in Finland
- Nightlife in Finland
- Restaurants in Finland
- Shopping in Finland
- Warnings and Dangers in Finland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Finland
- 134 Reviews
- 265 Photos
- 30 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Finland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Finland
Top 10 Pages
- Helsinki Intro, 57 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Finland Intro, 51 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 30 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brugg Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lappi Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kanton Aargau Intro, 3 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Respublika Kareliya Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Venice Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Repovesi Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue