"Welcome to anaiis's HomePage" anaiis's Profile
"Travelling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things - air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky - all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it." -Cesare Pavese
2009: Its been years since I updated any VT page, but here is my update: I live in Oslo, Norway. Some of the info here might be updated. Some untouched pearls of nature in Slovenia have changed into well visited tourist traps. I do no longer have so much time to update content here.
I have not been a good girl explaining Norway and this is greatly due to the activities that occupy me here. Strangely enough, I became very physically active in Norway, although weather here is something that would easily qualify as "disastrous" viewed with the eyes of someone from South Europe.
Please do not send me any dating requests or asking to marry me - with or without dating. Note all my pictures are schematic and do not represent my true ugly and fat self as I have now become. I also have a partner. He is great to pack on trips, can sometimes be useful, knows how to pitch a tent and all that makes me happy.
2011: I still live in Oslo, Norway. I am a good girl that dutifully pays - and believes in - high taxes and socialism. Norway is no longer a big mystery to me. As of this year, I have even taken the most beautiful journey in the world, hurtigruta - in winter time! The sea was like a mirror, for 4 days, was incredibly lucky. You should beg me to upload photos and perhaps I will, but probably someone else did it already. Anyhow. Miles of winter cross country trails are behind and in front of me. And miles of cycling in horrible weather. And camping in horrible weather. And freezing. And piles of improved outdoor clothing are now in my closets.
2012: I still live in Oslo. I cycle about 3000 km a year - this is counting only work commute. I defy any weather, but choose not to cycle if its pouring down heavily in the morning (this equals to lack of motivation to get completely wet), then I take a bus instead. I know what studded tyres for bicycles are and use them with sense and sensibility when time is ripe. I make a cycling break when trails and paths are not cleared of snow, because cycling then becomes too unpredictable and feels unsafe. I do not consider myself very sporty, I just hop on a bike and take it very easy and its lots of fun. True, my gear has improved a lot, as did my bike park and I can now tell you all kinds of things about bike seats for women, disc brakes and more.
I spend summers (and springs and autumns) kayaking. Am getting a bit obsessed by it. This is an amazing sport. You should really try it. Sea kayaks are very stable, you can pack a lot of gear into them and head your way. Sure, you need a lot of preparation and safety precautions and should ideally not do this alone, especially with no prior experience. But you can spend a night wherever you want (in Scandinavia, law enables you to choose a camping site on your own). I mostly travel with plane for work now and keep my private trips local and ecological. I leave no traces behind in the nature. Apart from gear investments and some fuel and food costs, the trips I make are cheap.
Still, I am reluctant to give away best camping and landing spots for kayaking. You will find a lot of this information published on the net (luckily in some Scandinavic language you hopefully dont understand yet). So far, when landing, I can still pick my own private island (like Little Prince has chosen his own planet), but this might change in a few years.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 185 Reviews
- 271 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to anaiis's HomePage"
- Commented on anaiis's profile page
- anaiis and JeffMcGary are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Charlottes ice-cream: it doesn't get better! in Oslo Things to Do
- updated a Oslo Travel Page "discovering Oslo: long term"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Welcome to anaiis's HomePage"
- Posted in Travel Oslo Forum "cross country skiing in oslo"
PhotosSee All Photos (271)
Top 10 Pages
- Slovenia Intro, 61 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Croatia Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Zimbabwe Intro, 26 reviews, 23 photos
- Budapest Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Naples Intro, 16 reviews, 11 photos
- Maribor Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Velenje Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Trieste Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oslo Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22149 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos