"Welcome to anaiis's HomePage" anaiis's Profile
"Travelling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things - air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky - all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it." -Cesare Pavese
2009: Its been years since I updated any VT page, but here is my update: I live in Oslo, Norway. Some of the info here might be updated. Some untouched pearls of nature in Slovenia have changed into well visited tourist traps. I do no longer have so much time to update content here.
I have not been a good girl explaining Norway and this is greatly due to the activities that occupy me here. Strangely enough, I became very physically active in Norway, although weather here is something that would easily qualify as "disastrous" viewed with the eyes of someone from South Europe.
Please do not send me any dating requests or asking to marry me - with or without dating. Note all my pictures are schematic and do not represent my true ugly and fat self as I have now become. I also have a partner. He is great to pack on trips, can sometimes be useful, knows how to pitch a tent and all that makes me happy.
2011: I still live in Oslo, Norway. I am a good girl that dutifully pays - and believes in - high taxes and socialism. Norway is no longer a big mystery to me. As of this year, I have even taken the most beautiful journey in the world, hurtigruta - in winter time! The sea was like a mirror, for 4 days, was incredibly lucky. You should beg me to upload photos and perhaps I will, but probably someone else did it already. Anyhow. Miles of winter cross country trails are behind and in front of me. And miles of cycling in horrible weather. And camping in horrible weather. And freezing. And piles of improved outdoor clothing are now in my closets.
2012: I still live in Oslo. I cycle about 3000 km a year - this is counting only work commute. I defy any weather, but choose not to cycle if its pouring down heavily in the morning (this equals to lack of motivation to get completely wet), then I take a bus instead. I know what studded tyres for bicycles are and use them with sense and sensibility when time is ripe. I make a cycling break when trails and paths are not cleared of snow, because cycling then becomes too unpredictable and feels unsafe. I do not consider myself very sporty, I just hop on a bike and take it very easy and its lots of fun. True, my gear has improved a lot, as did my bike park and I can now tell you all kinds of things about bike seats for women, disc brakes and more.
I spend summers (and springs and autumns) kayaking. Am getting a bit obsessed by it. This is an amazing sport. You should really try it. Sea kayaks are very stable, you can pack a lot of gear into them and head your way. Sure, you need a lot of preparation and safety precautions and should ideally not do this alone, especially with no prior experience. But you can spend a night wherever you want (in Scandinavia, law enables you to choose a camping site on your own). I mostly travel with plane for work now and keep my private trips local and ecological. I leave no traces behind in the nature. Apart from gear investments and some fuel and food costs, the trips I make are cheap.
Still, I am reluctant to give away best camping and landing spots for kayaking. You will find a lot of this information published on the net (luckily in some Scandinavic language you hopefully dont understand yet). So far, when landing, I can still pick my own private island (like Little Prince has chosen his own planet), but this might change in a few years.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Middle Bass Island Hotels
- Isola di Ponza
- Parish of Clarendon Hotels
- American Samoa
- Ko Chang
- Elvington Hotels
- Paramus Hotels
- San Antonio Abad
- Placencia Village
- Togher Hotels
- Muddus Nationalpark
- Pulau Perhentian Besar Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 185 Reviews
- 271 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to anaiis's HomePage"
- Commented on anaiis's profile page
- anaiis and JeffMcGary are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Charlottes ice-cream: it doesn't get better! in Oslo Things to Do
- updated a Oslo Travel Page "discovering Oslo: long term"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Welcome to anaiis's HomePage"
- Posted in Travel Oslo Forum "cross country skiing in oslo"
PhotosSee All Photos (271)
Top 10 Pages
- Slovenia Intro, 61 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Croatia Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Zimbabwe Intro, 26 reviews, 23 photos
- Budapest Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Naples Intro, 16 reviews, 11 photos
- Maribor Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Velenje Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Trieste Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oslo Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22465 Reviews - 54992 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Subic Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 861 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23318 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos