"Welcome to My Melnik Page" Melnik by iavormar
Melnik Travel Guide: 104 reviews and 217 photos
Melnik is the smallest town in Bulgaria - only 200 live there. Nevertheless the wine from Melnik is one of the best red wines produced in Bulgaria. The grape type that they use could be found only there and it gives a typical taste to the wine.
Melnik is also famous for its sand piramides.
The city has also saved its interesting architecture style and every new house is build the old way.
Most of the houses are build direct in the mountain, cause in the sand stone there is very easy to dig. Why do you need to dig?.... It's simple - this is the easiest way to make a cellar where the wine could not be harmed even during the hot summer. Some houses keep up to 250 -300 tons of wine in their cellar.
- Pros:Perfect red wine, great atmosphere and not so crowdy with tourists.
- Cons:Too hot during july and august
- In a nutshell:Wine and Wine Cellars - The best place to be!
Some other itmes that are good: - shopska salad; - guyveche; - fried papers; - beans, peas and lentils dishes; - grilled... more travel advice
To travel to Melnik you have to take the road that is going south from Sofia dierection Kulata or Thesaloniki, Greece.... more travel advice
iavormar's Related Pages
Melnik Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Melnik, Bulgaria"
- " So much wine, so little time! "
- "MELNIK - A JEWEL IN THE PIRIN MOUNTAINS"
- "A town in the rocks"
- "Melnik Museum Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melnik
- Hotels in Melnik
- Transportation in Melnik
- Nightlife in Melnik
- Restaurants in Melnik
- Shopping in Melnik
- Warnings and Dangers in Melnik
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Melnik
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Melnik?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melnik
Photos in MelnikSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 46 reviews, 156 photos, 6 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 8 reviews, 147 photos, 14 travelogues
- Monaco Intro, 14 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Milwaukee Intro, 5 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Geneva Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Nesebar Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sofia Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Veliko Turnovo Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baden Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos