"Taormina a charming little place" Top 5 Page for this destination Taormina by mabu

Taormina Travel Guide: 246 reviews and 654 photos

Step in through the City gate....
... and welcome to Taormina

Taormina is a very touristy little village in Sicily but even with all the tourists it hasn't lost its charme. It's the perfect combination of a typical sicilian village and a place offering tourists everything they need: Accomodation, Restaurants, Bars and services like car rentals.

It's got to be a tradition for me and a friend of mine to go there over easter to enjoy the sun and the great food there.

• Pros:The charme of the place
  • Cons:Some of the Tourists
  • In a nutshell:The perfect place for a few relaxing days.
  • Last visit to Taormina: Mar 2003
  • Intro Updated May 25, 2003

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2009 at 3:23 AM

Hello Markus. I very much enjoyed reading & rating your tips, thank you for sharing! This summer I am travelling to Scotland (again) but next Spring I hope to visit Italy :-) Greetings from Dubai / Jess

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2008 at 4:12 AM

Thank you Markus - I'd like to go here next year

• karentids's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2008 at 3:04 AM

Your pages are brilliant, really helpful - thank you. I will be going for first time end April

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2006 at 4:15 AM

Reread with interest your Taormina page because it's one of my favorite places. Your details are enticing and helpful. Lucky you to be able to go more than once. Your pictures are super and your tips are right on target.

• Callavetta's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2005 at 1:15 PM

Hi Markus, I'm reading a book that takes place in Taormina and you've helped me picture the place. It's beautiful!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2004 at 6:53 AM

I, too, enjoyed Taormina though I obviously went at a different time to you!

• Mar 17, 2004 at 2:23 AM

Castelmola is very impressive!! I think there are nice emotions when having a walk in wide and then narrow streets. by the way, my appetite has grew after i've written your restaurant tips :-))

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2004 at 8:42 AM

Very nice page on one of the nicest towns in Sicily.

• vysnaite's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2003 at 7:19 AM

Useful and enjoyable reading. Thanks for shearing!

• Bjorgvin's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2003 at 7:39 AM

Congratulations, Markus! This is a beautiful Taormina page. Stunning photography!!

mabu

“Travelling is like a cocktail: a mix of new landscapes, new languages, new friends and it makes you feel good!”

Badges & Stats in Taormina

Have you been to Taormina?

Latest Activity in Taormina