Bayahibe Transportation Tips by mabu Top 5 Page for this destination
Bayahibe Transportation: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Belair (Swiss Charter Airline) B767 at La Romana
The next International airport is La Romana (LRM). It is about 20km from Bayahibe. There are some charter flights from Europe there and of course "normal" Airlines fly there too.
Alternativly the airport Punta Cana (PUJ) is an option its a bit further away.
At the airport you have to go through the immigration and customs controls. You need to buy a "tourist card" wich costs 10.-- US$. Sometimes you can get the card before you leave your homecountry but you will pay more and won't save much time. It is possible that you don't get the tourist card with your own name on back, but that's no problem when you leave.
From the airport you can get a Taxi to Bayahibe wich will cost about 10 US$ or walk to the main road (ca 100m) and catch a Guagua wich will cost about 20 RD$ but the Guaguas are often crowded and possibly you will have to wait some time before you get one.
Bayahibe Guagua station, with a new Guagua waiting
The guaguas (a kind of taxi-bus) connect Bayahibe and La Romana (stopping at the airport and anywhere in between on request). They run about every 20minutes through the day, the first at about 8 in the morning the last one at ca 6pm. A bit less frequent they run to Dominicus too.
In Bayahibe they start at the ghagua station in the middle of the village, near the big colmado, in La Romana near the supermarket "Jumbo".
The guaguas are mostly minivans and if you are lucky they aren't very full. But if necessary they put as much people in them as possible wich makes them very crowded and uncomfortable...
If you get near to the station looking like a tourist (wich you will do unless you're dominican) they will want you to use a taxi and pay much more (Bayahibe-La Romana ca US$ 20.--) but just say you want to use the guagua and it will be ok. The fare to La Romana is RD$ 25.-- so very cheap and will be collected before you get off the guagua. In La Romana the driver will point out where you need to stand if you want to catch a connecting guagua or bus to somewhere else, as a bus terminal or something like it doesn't exist.
More Reviews (22)
- See All Make a trip to La Romana
- See All Billard
- See All Not so easy to find: the Petrol Station
- See All Footpaths around Bayahibe
mabu's Related Pages
Bayahibe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The real Bayahibe..."
- "Beach, sand and sun... and more..."
- "Bayahibe area: probably the best in DR"
- "Dominican Republic - Bayahibe"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bayahibe
- Hotels in Bayahibe
- Transportation in Bayahibe
- Nightlife in Bayahibe
- Restaurants in Bayahibe
- Shopping in Bayahibe
- Warnings and Dangers in Bayahibe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bayahibe
- 24 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Bayahibe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bayahibe
Photos in BayahibeSee All Photos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bern Intro, 32 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taormina Intro, 33 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bayahibe Intro, 24 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 5 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Majorca Island Intro, 6 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Samnaun Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sardegna Intro, 41 photos, 5 travelogues