Madagascar Hotel Tips by ATLC
Madagascar Hotels: 45 reviews and 69 photos
Hotel Mangily, Tulear/Toliara, Madagascar
Now imagine waking up right up on the beach with a wide view of the brilliantly blue ocean, or enjoying the early dusk sitting on a terrace with a large coke/rhum seeing the little boats in the last of the day light while the sun sets...
Isn't that paradise?
200 FF p. night back in 2001.
Unique Qualities: Snorkling, coral diving on the beach right in front of the cabins! Only breakfast served. The nearby Vovotel has a good restaurant.
About 23 km. from Tuléar but it takes about 3 hrs with a 'taxi brousse'. The road is horrendous but an adventure in itself.
The cabins are clean, there's warm water, and overal quite comfortable.
Address: Entre la forêt de Baobabs et le lagon bleu, Ifaty, Madagascar
Comparison: about average
Directions: The literal address is: "between the baobab forest and the blue sea (!).
Hotel Colbert, Antananarivo
A positively European feel to this luxury hotel.
Double rooms start from 105 euro (2007), breakfast either 9 or 10 euro.
Unique Qualities: A wonderful kitchen. We had a very grand lunch here. Just see the Restaurant tips.
Address: 29 rue Prince Ratsimamanga BP 341 Antananarivo 101 Madagascar
Comparison: more expensive than average
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org /
Phone: 261 20 22 202 02
La Crique, Nosy Boraha, Madagascar
Amazing location. Your tropical dream!
We stayed here 4 nights in November 2001, with all meals included.
Chambre single 130 FF, Chambre double 127 FF (2001).
A double room with private bathroom is about 21 euro.
Transfers (one way) airport-hotel: around 4 euro p.p.
The transfer takes about 2 hours.
Unique Qualities: Small but comfortable and very clean cabins (2 persons or more) about 30 meters from the small pebble beach. Between beach and cabin a tranquil garden with grass and coconut trees. Ducks, hens and dogs amble about. Food is simple but good (full board only).
Good bathrooms in all cabins (some shared).
Address: Ile Sainte-Marie (Nosy Boraha)
Comparison: less expensive than average
Other Contact: email@example.com
Phone: 0026120 5704077
Rooms from 80.000 MFG (about 80 French Francs)
Unique Qualities: We only ate here, being lodged in the Mangily hotel, 5 min. by car from Vovo Telo. By the look of the Vovo Telo website, it looks fine though. The food was very good.
Address: Ifaty (26 km. north of Tuléar)
Comparison: less expensive than average
Other Contact: http://www.hotel-vovotelo.com/
More Reviews (49)
- See All Meals at Air Mad
- Go snorkling and diving
- Coral diving and snorkling....
- See All Le Bateau Ivre
- See All And no meat from here either
- See All General info on the internet
- See All If you order a Coke, a soft...
- See All Packing List
- See All Souvenir buying tip
- See All Children's Hospital
- See All This was a gift from our hosts...
- Sunset beach Mangily Hotel...
ATLC's Related Pages
Madagascar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TONGA SOA"
- "Under heavy construction!!!!!!"
- "NATURALLY MADAGASCAR"
- "Madagascar, an island filled with friendly faces"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madagascar
- Hotels in Madagascar
- Transportation in Madagascar
- Nightlife in Madagascar
- Restaurants in Madagascar
- Shopping in Madagascar
- Warnings and Dangers in Madagascar
- See All...
Explore the World
- Emeraude Helios Opera
- Hawthorn Suites Charleston
- Hostal Corona
- Hotel VIP International
- Hotel Montreal Centrale
- Nauti Beach Condotel
- Airport Plaza Cleveland
- Lazy Hours Motel on the Beach
- Fairfield Inn And Suites By Marriott Orlando Near Universal Studios Orlando
- Alfa Penedes Hotel
- Fave Hotel Denpasar
- Sofitel Capsis Rhodes
- Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
- Ocean Club Hotel
Badges & Stats in Madagascar
- 67 Reviews
- 130 Photos
- 44 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (125)
Have you been to Madagascar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madagascar
Read real reviews about Madagascar Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 292 reviews, 426 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 159 reviews, 337 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brielle Intro, 126 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 129 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madagascar Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 63 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (157)
Top Madagascar hotels
- Antananarivo Hotels
- 192 Reviews - 470 Photos
- Toamasina Hotels
- 38 Reviews - 65 Photos
- Nosy Sainte Marie Hotels
- 12 Reviews - 43 Photos
- Nosy Be Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 33 Photos
- Morondava Hotels
- 49 Reviews - 176 Photos
- Nosy Mangabe Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 14 Photos
- Manakara Hotels
- 1 Review - 6 Photos
- Ifaty Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 31 Photos
- Betanty Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 1 Photo
- Antsirabe Hotels
- 43 Reviews - 147 Photos
- Anjajavy Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 18 Photos
- Andringitra Hotels
- 1 Review - 4 Photos
- Ampefy Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 60 Photos
- Ambohimanga Hotels
- 35 Reviews - 124 Photos
- Ambohidrabiby Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 41 Photos