Amsterdam Tourist Trap Tips by ATLC Top 5 Page for this destination
Amsterdam Tourist Traps: 200 reviews and 124 photos
Awww... don't hit me for saying that!
As a citizen who is proud of her country, I beg you, don't just visit Amsterdam!
I know, Amsterdam is fun, lively, breathtaking, multicultural and all that. But please explore the width and heigth of this small country where the longest distance that you can drive is only 3 hours.
-our famous waterworks in the province Zeeland (Neeltje Jans)
-the St. Jan cathedral in 's Hertogenbosch which is of the well known French grandeur, style and size
-national park Hoge Veluwe where you can get free bikes to cycle round and visit St. Hubertus hunting lodge, an example of world famous architecture by Berlage
- one of the world's best zoo's in Emmen (called Noorderdierenpark)
- the typical flat landscape in the province Friesland of true postcard beauty
- little seaside towns like Middelburg, Hellevoetsluis, Brielle, Scheveningen, Zandvoort, Staveren, Harlingen...
- Groninger museum in Groningen (the city is great for a few days out as well)
- Gouda (known for its cheese, although not made there anymore) where you'll find another St. Jan with the largest stained glass collection in the world
- Rotterdam with great nightlife, modern and old architecture, multicultural neighbourhoods, museums and the mighty river Maas
- a tour fortified towns from the Middle Ages in The Netherlands (like my hometown Brielle in Europoort)
- Three country point (Drielandenpunt) down south where you can be in Germany/Belgium and The Netherlands at the same time (if you MUST go abroad!)
- Maastricht with its savoir-vivre and the grottoes and great night- en streetlife and culinary delights.
- shall I go on?
Just visit my travelogues and travelpages about the other Dutch cities!
More Reviews (128)
- See All A (half)daytrip from A'dam on New Year's...
- See All Where to get your laundry done.
- See All Winner B&B 2009/self-catering near...
- See All Gluten free / coeliaki
- See All 4 countries, 6 days
- See All DIY in Amsterdam
- See All Second hand clothing male/female
- See All A walk through De Pijp
- See All City walk with a local
- See All Amsterdam for the disabled
- Surinamese multicultural festival
Been to Amsterdam?Share your travels with the world!
ATLC's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 129 Reviews
- 120 Photos
- 1,375 Forum posts
- 105 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (248)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
- Posted in Travel Amsterdam Forum "Re: Travelling from Amsterdam..."
- Commented on one of HORSCHECK's Amsterdam travel pages
- Wrote a Review A (half)daytrip from A'dam on New Year's Day. about New Year's Day Swim in Amsterdam Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "A walk through De Pijp"
- updated a Amsterdam Travelogue "A layover at Schiphol (Amsterdam Airport)"
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (120)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 292 reviews, 426 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 159 reviews, 337 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brielle Intro, 126 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 129 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madagascar Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 63 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues
- Red Light District - De Wallen- 146 Reviews, 166 Photos
- Canal Boat Tours- 193 Reviews, 314 Photos
- Anne Frank House- 241 Reviews, 252 Photos
- Sex Museum- 49 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Rijksmuseum- 213 Reviews, 359 Photos
- Dam Square- 90 Reviews, 165 Photos
- Coffee(Cannabis)shops- 124 Reviews, 134 Photos
- Flower Market - Bloemenmarkt- 69 Reviews, 106 Photos
- Van Gogh Museum- 168 Reviews, 178 Photos
- Heineken Brewery- 98 Reviews, 139 Photos
See All Amsterdam Things to Do