Brielle Tourist Trap Tips by ATLC Top 5 Page for this destination
Brielle Tourist Traps: 13 reviews and 13 photos
This is not the original gablestone which is made of Bentheim sandstone which is very sensitive to wind and water. The original is in the Historical museum of Brielle.
Left to right: the architect (with measuring equipment) the carpenter, the stonemason and the bricklayer.
Unique Suggestions: Location: Maarland NZ, Brielle
I'm not sure about this one. I think it is new because there used to be a dentist practise here and this looks like some medieval dental practise!
The reason I think it is new is that the tool to (supposedly) extract a tooth looks quite modern.
I'm not sure about that either though. Currently a doctor's practise resides here.
Location: Maarland ZZ, Brielle
Unique Suggestions: Some research shows that this is Saint Apollonia who lived in Alexandria which was then part of the Roman Empire. Apollonia had converted to Christianity and because of that fact was sentenced to be burned to death. Before this happened they also hit out all her teeth. That is why she is patron saint of sufferers of toothaches.
Fun Alternatives: location: Maarland Zuidzijde 27, Brielle
The translation is:
First stone laid by Maria Theresia Blano anno April 3rd 1827
Unique Suggestions: Location: Nieuwstraat, Brielle
A merchant's ship with full sails which means all is well with the ship and its owner. The suggestion is that this gablestone actually says Indiën-Coopvaarder, a ship that sails to Indonesia, a former colony of The Netherlands.
Fun Alternatives: Location: Voorstraat 148, Brielle
The tourist trap tips will not contain tourist traps but gablestones and other building details.
Unique Suggestions: To be found on the Greek restaurant. This biblical figure symbolises compassion and care. Often to be found on taverns and (barber)surgeons. And often combined with symbols of wine and oil because both were used in taverns and surgeries.
Fun Alternatives: Location: Voorstraat 126, Brielle
I think I found this one on the harbour
Location: Maarland NZ, Brielle
Will correct it if I find otherwise!
Frontspiece of the old Seamen's house on the Asylplein.
Lovely place to sit and enjoy the sun and rose garden in summer.
The former weighouse (Waag) and prison, now part of the Brielle museum has this large gablestone.
I'm not sure what it means yet but intend to find out.
The gablestone says: This is in Amsterdam.
I cannot make out the image but it looks like there are coats of arms on the sides.
And some figures along the top.
Location: Koopmansstraat, Brielle
I think the owner keeps this one well coated with paint.
Location: Koopmansstraat Brielle
More Reviews (111)
- See All Bell ringing joys
- See All The martyrs of Gorcum
- See All Yet another pub in Brielle
- See All Beauty treatments and cosmetics
- See All Bastion hotel
- See All VT-ers that dare to visit me :-)
- See All Fire in Brielle
- See All Jim de Kok (Jim, the Cook)
- See All How to get to Brielle by public...
- See All Chewing gum
- See All A walk through Brielle
- See All Ligfietsen (reclining bicycle)
ATLC's Related Pages
Brielle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brielle: Libertatis Primitiae"
- "Arrival of Baton East in Brielle September 2005"
- "A day out in Brielle"
- "April 1st 2002"
- "Brielle and Voorne"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brielle
- Hotels in Brielle
- Transportation in Brielle
- Nightlife in Brielle
- Restaurants in Brielle
- Shopping in Brielle
- Warnings and Dangers in Brielle
- See All...
Explore the World
- Rosemount Hotels
- Boane Hotels
- Garden Ridge Hotels
- Deerfield Beach
- Egypt Hotels
Badges & Stats in Brielle
- 126 Reviews
- 189 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 100 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (133)
Have you been to Brielle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brielle
- Posted in Travel Eindhoven Forum "Re: Restaurants ?? Stoompot..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "International Women's Day"
- Wrote a Review Bell ringing joys in Brielle Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Video to Brielle
- Commented on one of nepalgoods's Brielle travel pages
- updated a Brielle Travel Page "Brielle: Libertatis Primitiae"
Videos in BrielleSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 291 reviews, 424 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 159 reviews, 337 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brielle Intro, 126 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 129 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madagascar Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 62 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues