"Lively country town" Culemborg by ATLC

Culemborg Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 66 photos

Welcome to Culemborg

Culemborg lies about 28 km south east of Utrecht in a region called Betuwe, known for its fruit trees.
It's an old town which obtained city rights in 1318.

If you want to read more about the Betuwe and Rivierenland (riverland) then see Pavlik_NL's travelogue at

Market

This is the "Markt".
Culemborg is a nice shopping town. Not too big and apart from the usual chain shops there are plenty of little shops to browse.

Town hall

The town hall was built in 1534, assigned by the Lord (Heer) of Culemborg. The architect Rombout Keldermans came from a family of famous builders.

• In a nutshell:Tourist Information: www.vvvculemborg.nl
  • Last visit to Culemborg: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated Apr 10, 2003

• Norali's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2006 at 4:22 AM

We have a peach variety here in our orchard whose name is Culemborg (Colembourg ?). Is it possible it came from here ? white flesh, dark red & hairy.

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2005 at 11:09 AM

Lovely page of Culemborg, thanks for sharing.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2004 at 1:23 AM

What a quaint town Anke :o) So much history. Love the train station and windmill pix. Always something new to see on vt. Thanx :o) Ann.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2004 at 3:26 PM

Hi Anke Thea ,how is you , you build a nice page here of Culem borg ,Two things I would like from the nice Fish restaurants ,Kibbling and Herring ,mmmm lekker. So they let you ring the Bell in Brielle ,that is cool great stuff A T..

• Jun 22, 2004 at 6:04 PM

hallo . I'm coming from culemborg and to see the city through your site,it is wonderful.and I see something new for me there too,so it is very great to be here. Next time when we visit culemborg again we will try the breakfast house. kean

• Apr 26, 2003 at 6:48 AM

I often see the townhall of Culemburg when I'm passing Culemborg by train, but I have never visited this town. Thanks to your nice pictures I must get of the train to visit for a good time this little town.

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2003 at 11:11 AM

The Stork Nest is pretty cool! I think that we should bring the Pillory back!! Fantastic photos of Culemborg!!

• irisbe's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2003 at 5:02 AM

Prachtig! Indeed this is the kind of visits I like to make as well :-) Thanks for sharing and I sure put it on my list of Dutch cities to visit!

• MATIM's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2003 at 12:48 PM

very good info, I was curious if the restaurant we are eating when we are in Culemborg was on you site, it isn't and I am sorry I can't remember the name, it is at the water, next time I write the name down :-)

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2003 at 5:21 AM

What can I see, but that I am honoured to be mentioned on such beautiful page. Culemborg is inderdaad een pareltje in onze Betuwe. Dank je. Groetjes, Paul

ATLC

“The notion that the world is round makes me feel quite giddy! (quote Miss Matty, Cranford)”

Badges & Stats in Culemborg

Have you been to Culemborg?

Latest Activity in Culemborg