"For your Dutch quaintness fix :-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Delft by ATLC

Delft Travel Guide: 505 reviews and 1,372 photos

An opportunity taken

Of course, when one lives closeby a beautiful place like Delft, one hardly ever visits with touristic intentions.

I had a business appointment and decided to use the rest of the afternoon for a sunfilled stroll through Delft.

Sadly for pieter_jan_v, I didn't know what to buy at the many record stalls that were on the Markt square. And that he would've been delighted to combine his music hobby with a VT meeting here.
Maybe another time!

Delf Blue Pottery with a twist

Every time I have to think of that one intro photo that sums up a place. Should it be something recognisable or a detail ?

This time I'll choose for a detail. But a famous one. Delft Blue pottery is renowned the world over.
Here's a modern interpretation.

Google in Delft

While I was enjoying lunch today (Sept. 21, 2010) I saw the Google Earth camera pass by... on a bike!

• Pros:Compact town with great old architecture and history
  • Cons:Bit touristy but wonderful shopping!
  • In a nutshell:www.delft.nl
  • Last visit to Delft: Sep 2010
  • Intro Updated Mar 24, 2013

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Very good page with excellent information, Anke-Thea! Loved to see the city through your eyes.

• ATLC's Profile Photo
      May 4, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Wow, thanks a lot. It's been a while since I've had visitors here :-)

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2010 at 9:04 AM

An interesting page, thanks for sharing, Anke-Thea !

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2008 at 3:33 PM

I loved Delft when I visited - 4 not enough time but enjoyed the churches and gravestones-so Id be quite happy to return one day. nice to see your lovely photos and interesting tips.

• mariaschmidt's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2007 at 12:37 AM

Delft is indeed a pearl and I visited it specially as it was Vermeer's hometown. I am very impressed with your thorough tips for so many places - my hat for you :-) Mary

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2007 at 7:03 PM

Nice stuff, thanks for sharing.

• nhoolb's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2006 at 6:23 PM

How about when abroad tell the bartender to serve an Oude Genever?

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2004 at 5:17 AM

Nice page of Delft, beautifully done. Thanks AT, for sharing.

• Andraf's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2004 at 4:24 PM

Beautiful page with lots of good tips. I liked your favourite picture of Delft, it is my favorite too (although all pictures are great but this was the one I liked the most). The view from the tower of Nieuwe Kerk is very nice you should try it next time.

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2003 at 2:57 PM

the Canals and of course the Delfter Blue is what I remember most. you worked this page over, what a fantastic job AT. excellent

• Jun 15, 2003 at 11:24 AM

Thanks AT for all those lovely pages on VT. And this one about Delft is a real topper.

ATLC Visits Here Frequently!

ATLC

“The notion that the world is round makes me feel quite giddy! (quote Miss Matty, Cranford)”

Badges & Stats in Delft